How To Get Live Tiles Working Again?

Anyone know the trick for getting Live Tiles to be "Live" again. For months two of my Live Tiles (Sports and Weather) just sit there and never update. Anyone know the secret? This seems to be a fairly prevalent problem across the web and I tried all the solutions but to no avail.

Thanks,

HeartMan

11 hours ago, HeartMan said:

I tried all the solutions but to no avail.

It might help us avoid redundant suggestions if you list what you've already tried.

For starters, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the apps using Powershell commands (get-appxpackage *packagename* | remove-appxpackage).

I suspect that a new user profile (new profile/user, unlink old account from MS, link new account to MS, migrate data from old profile, delete old profile) may also help with app issues but not an easy or quick process.

8 hours ago, zhangm said:

It might help us avoid redundant suggestions if you list what you've already tried.

For starters, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the apps using Powershell commands (get-appxpackage *packagename* | remove-appxpackage).

I suspect that a new user profile (new profile/user, unlink old account from MS, link new account to MS, migrate data from old profile, delete old profile) may also help with app issues but not an easy or quick process.

I've pretty much tried everything I could find on the web, i.e., uninstalling/reinstalling Store (software marketplace, not "data store") and probably a half dozen other things from Microsoft MVP's and other users. Nothing has worked. I have 4 Win 10 installations and this is only a problem on one and of course it's my main PC. I was hoping that someone had a "simple fix". I have everything backed up so rather that creating or deleting users I'll just to a clean install.

Most of my built-in W10 tiles have stopped working, as I have d/l Updates.

Calculator, calendar, Photos, News, etc.

1 tile disappeared all together -- I forgot which one by now.

I tried an individual reset and reinstalling from the Windows Store.

Error 0X80070005 came up.

Researching Microsoft did not help.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-0x80070005-need-a-fix-click/e4cb8700-f215-4f1a-8bd4-6457ac619c19

I suspect that only a Reset will fix the tiles.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, what do you know! I just upgraded to 16296.rs3_release.1709-1503 and Live Tiles are fixed! After the update I noticed that Weather was working so I unistalled/reinstalled the other broken ones and they're working. Looks like MS finally got it figured out.