Nintendo Switch Official Specs Revealed

47 minutes ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

I notice no difference at all with AC.  i am never going back to cable.   why?   my internet is fast enough for my PC.     maybe in future I will have a super PC?  but by then the wireless would have improved too. 

for HOME use, cable is out, imho.

Your right internet is one thing, mine tops out at 100mbps, hopefully they engage 1gbps shortly since the fibre is more than capable doubt it but.. Even the wifi pocket connections are about to hit 1gbps. To bad about the download caps.

I use cat6 since it doesn't cost me anything besides a box of cable and a weekend of my time, knowing I have 15 or so devices all hard lined straight to the router is just about reliability to me and unlimited speeds and the devices that don't support wifi. How often would all your devices use up the ac range? Who knows, probably most houses wouldn't come close. But with a 24TB sever the constant streaming, file transferring, downloading, I just prefer to be future proofed. 

To each their own of course, but I think if most of us moved into a house with cat6 throughout to a central hub we would be running that over wifi :)

Getting way to off topic now but :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Vandalsquad said:

Your right internet is one thing, mine tops out at 100mbps, hopefully they engage 1gbps shortly since the fibre is more than capable doubt it but.. Even the wifi pocket connections are about to hit 1gbps. To bad about the download caps.

I use cat6 since it doesn't cost me anything besides a box of cable and a weekend of my time, knowing I have 15 or so devices all hard lined straight to the router is just about reliability to me and unlimited speeds and the devices that don't support wifi. How often would all your devices use up the ac range? Who knows, probably most houses wouldn't come close. But with a 24TB sever the constant streaming, file transferring, downloading, I just prefer to be future proofed. 

To each their own of course, but I think if most of us moved into a house with cat6 throughout to a central hub we would be running that over wifi :)

Getting way to off topic now but :lol:

True.   It really depends on your usage :laugh:

• Like 1