Resident Evil 7 cracked on PC in record 5 days

7 minutes ago, BinaryData said:

Technically they all have a "nocd.exe", you just don't see it. Steam acts as the "CD Emulator", to a certain point. I remember trying to play a game on Steam that I purchased but couldn't play due to not having an updated Steam Install. Google said to update, I did, and bam, the error of "missing blah blah blah" was gone after the update.

This makes me want to study reverse engineering, and start making bypasses for Denuvo DRM'd games exclusively. I know it'd be tough, but making stronger, and better encryption won't win. Companies spend years making a game that turns out to be a pile of ######, no ones going to spend $60 on a game that isn't liked. I find a lot of games are "idiot" friendly these days, too easy to beat, even on "hard mode". I'm quite good at figuring games out, and beating them. My brother and I beat the last Halo on Legendary in a matter of hours. My point being, make better games, and people might want to buy your stuff if it's decent. I've pirated games before, like C&C Tiberium Sun, why? Because my CDs broke, and I wanted to play the BEST game ever by Westwood Studios. Now that's a game that's fun as hell.

Reading up on the technical aspects of Denuvo is fairly interesting. From what I understood sometimes crackers get lucky and find ways around it through demo / pre release executables etc. I am not certain if Denuvo can be 100% cracked. This makes me want to read up on the topic myself but as far as DRM goes it is certainly top notch. 

Most games are fairly idiot friendly these days and it is a shame but a few gems can still be found on occasion. Maybe it is good that there are fewer good games out there since getting older gives us less time ; ) I really enjoyed SOMA as it wasn't your typical first person game and Routine looks very interesting although it is just a fairly small team working on it. :

DayZ might still get interesting once they decide to finish it .. and there is Star Citizen which will probably be a massive time sink.

Tiberiam Sun was awesome! You can check out this neat little project: https://cncnet.org/tiberian-sun

It auto downloads Tiberian Sun and has an amazing gamesroom client which allows you to setup games.

All free of charge without the need of the original game.

Many people still play this game and the devs of this little project did some really neat things.

Check it out!

21 hours ago, FunkyMike said:

Reading up on the technical aspects of Denuvo is fairly interesting. From what I understood sometimes crackers get lucky and find ways around it through demo / pre release executables etc. I am not certain if Denuvo can be 100% cracked. This makes me want to read up on the topic myself but as far as DRM goes it is certainly top notch. 

Most games are fairly idiot friendly these days and it is a shame but a few gems can still be found on occasion. Maybe it is good that there are fewer good games out there since getting older gives us less time ; ) I really enjoyed SOMA as it wasn't your typical first person game and Routine looks very interesting although it is just a fairly small team working on it. :

DayZ might still get interesting once they decide to finish it .. and there is Star Citizen which will probably be a massive time sink.

Tiberiam Sun was awesome! You can check out this neat little project: https://cncnet.org/tiberian-sun

It auto downloads Tiberian Sun and has an amazing gamesroom client which allows you to setup games.

All free of charge without the need of the original game.

Many people still play this game and the devs of this little project did some really neat things.

Check it out!

I wasn't impressed with Star Citizen. They promised too much, and delivered too little. If they did mini-releases like CCP Games does for EVE Online, it would be better by a long shot. CCP Games releases 3 or 4 Expansion a year, iirc. The difference is, they release ideas, gather community feedback, and balance the game based off large scale fleets. I'll always play EVE, I'm going on 13 years now, when people say it's "Better than EVE", I laugh because EVE has the smallest player population for a 10+ Year old MMO, yet it has some of the most intense game play, and real world currency destruction in it. There have been fights where $500,000 USD was blown up. Can you say the same for any other game?

I'll check that project out. From the idea of it, it looks tight. I still play Tiberium Wars, however I wish they'd given a 3rd expansion to it.