Here's the rules:

• keep size of 560 x 300
  • jpg exchange
  • must use at least 1 element from previous round
  • no time limit between rounds
  • at least 10 rounds (5 rounds each) with the option of more

With that, here's my submission:

sergevsjaredvolklrd1.jpg

I accepted the challenge, having a bit of difficulty doing what I was intending to do, but ill be done in like 2 days for sure. :blush: sorry for the wait

I accepted the challenge, having a bit of difficulty doing what I was intending to do, but ill be done in like 2 days for sure. :blush: sorry for the wait

2 days :huh: . What you doin? Typing with 1 hand and using the mouse with your foot :blink:

finished faster than i thought i would, i was able to use the computer freely, hehe. Anyways, i personally think this one is over-detailed and its a bit confusing, but anyways, here 'tis:

edit: changed it a bit cuz the layer order was screwed up.

post-31-1074443972.jpg

lol, told ya it was confusing, it's "supposed" to be an aquarium, but it barely resembles one, ill try to remake it in a few hours

so do you want me to hold off on my round? Or should I just go ahead with this one?

Sorry it took so long buddy. I'm in the process of organizing a LAN party that's taking place this Saturday. Things are coming down to the wire. On top of that I have my regular classes. Whew! Anyway, I finally put in some time on this one. Took me almost 2 hours. I can't wait for your response.

sergevsjaredvolklrd3.jpg

hey that looks pretty cool, doesnt include previous picture but wicked nonetheless. Ill have the new one to u in a few days. Sry for the wait but i dont feel like photoshopping today. :(

took a lot less than i thought it would. way easier to think of something than the other one, but i burst out laughing when i finished making the "blood" above left side eyebrow (right for the face, left for us) and stood back a bit from the monitor, n e ways, here 'tis:

post-31-1074650646.jpg

Uh serge, you hardly did anything. All you did was add a little blood and no offense, but it looks like crap. And I did too use an element from the previous image. The eyes in my image are the fish you added in round two. I applied a blur filter to them and slightly altered the color. That's what I meant when I said use at least 1 previous element. Not just take the image and put some blood on it. I'm sorry, I don't mean to degrade you, but I feel that maybe we aren't quite on the same level of skill. If you don't mind, I'd like to withdraw from this battle.

Uh serge, you hardly did anything. All you did was add a little blood and no offense, but it looks like crap. And I did too use an element from the previous image. The eyes in my image are the fish you added in round two. I applied a blur filter to them and slightly altered the color. That's what I meant when I said use at least 1 previous element. Not just take the image and put some blood on it. I'm sorry, I don't mean to degrade you, but I feel that maybe we aren't quite on the same level of skill. If you don't mind, I'd like to withdraw from this battle.

From what I've seen, he's twice the "artist" you are. You may have more PS skill, but his images consistently come out looking better, IMHO.

I don't know what you're thinking, man, but I'm definately not agreeing with you.

ehhhh....i agree with both of you, but then again, i told you, jaredvolkl, from the start that im almost a total noob, so no, i dont mind if you withdraw from the battle :). Also, one of the main reasons why mine are worse than yours is most likely (note that i say most likely, not surely) gotten from somewhere else, by that i mean the head, not the squiggly lines going across the head, and mine uses nothing but my own work, except for the fish and the starfish from the previous one, but now I don't use any other images unless I am clearly allowed to in a battle. Keep in mind that none of this post was supposed to be offensive in any way, if it was im sorry.

Serge, stand up for yourself man. He totally trashed you- And it wasn't just. By looking at your work (and I'm not a newbie, by any means. Maybe not as good as he is, but not a newbie), I couldn't tell that you were new, as opposed to just being creative. Your work looked good, and his was too cluttered. Jared, next time, let others do the critiquing. You're in no place to cut him down mid-battle, just let things play themselves out as they are. Others will give their opinions.

Play nice, kiddies.

lol, ya i should stand up for myself more, but im very easygoing, usually only on the internet tho, lol, u should see what i do to my friends at school, hehe :shifty: Thx for the advice, ill remember that next time im being trashed

No offense taken serge. I should've said you can use outside stock art/photos. I usually hit up deviantart's stock photo's section during battles. I just assume unless it's specified, its ok to do that. Bottomline, I just wasn't getting a challenge or having much fun with this. That's why I chose to bow out. Thank you for your contributions serge.

Linked, that's fine if you want to side with serge. But, I think you need to take a look at Graphic-Forums before you start critiquing my work. That is the type of thing I had in mind when I suggested graphic battles here at Neowin.

Where's the chicks?

In the completed wallpaper section =)

By the way, I dont really think this graphic battle got anywhere really. Serge you could of done something more than just add red, but I think that most of the images presented were hard to edit in the first place.

Edited by Xerus