Insert kext into OSx installer pkg?

I created my first hackintosh using a HP Pavilion A6400f and Snow Leopard. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01390590 I upped it with 8GB RAM, EVGA nVidia 8400 video card and new WD Blue 500GB HDD. I chose Snow Leopard because I could still get an install disc and both came out around the same time.

I got 10.6.7 installed. The system threw up a window saying upgrades were available. I checked and it was for 10.6.8. I started the install process and it apparently it was successful. Now the kicker. When I boot now it gets to the Apple logo and hangs. I've tried using and not using PCIRootUID=1 and going into safe mode. What's keeping it from starting?

I read one fix is to replace the ACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily kexts in 10.6.8 with their 10.6.7 versions. How does one do this?

It is not a case of inserting a kext into the installer, although that is possible and sometimes saves time when installing the first time.

A kext is a driver and with each OS X update (and with MacOS updates), is going to be updated. You can't expect to install OS X and then update the OS without preparation to patch. Your routine will be to update the OS then patch before rebooting to maintain your build and finally repairing permissions. Even better, backup before / after every single time you update successfully so you can always roll back and save starting over.

If you boot with -v what is the error message displayed?

Years ago I used to be a fan building hackintosh machines and really was a pain in the butt to make everything working smooth. This is why I bough an used MacPro machine. I can upgrade the Apple OS without worrying getting the machine useless and lose all my stuff. I am now enjoying more having a real Apple system.