Free inventory management software for IT (small business)

Question

Hello all,

I'm looking for suggestions on free software for logging and managing inventory for the organization I work for, both in terms of hardware (desktops, servers, routers, laptops, accessories, etc etc etc) as well as software licences.

I downloaded Spiceworks and gave it a look, but from what I can tell, it's WAY overkill. At the moment, literally all I want is a system which lets me add devices to a list, categorize them, list their serial number, model, purchase date/cost, warranty, etc etc etc, and keep notes on them in terms of issues which need to be troubleshooting, necessary repairs and working status, blah blah blah.

I know I can do this with a spreadsheet, but thought maybe there is something more specific and polished for this purpose, without going much more indepth, like Spiceworks does.

Thanks for any suggestions!

5 answers to this question

Spiceworks is worth another look and free mate, you dont need to use the helpdesk side and its extra network monitoring and software auditing/ setup is a breeze, i use it alongside the usual solarwinds corp stuff and tbh for local site and maintenance, its an essentia part of my toolset.

https://www.spiceworks.com/