Xbox E3 2017, now Sunday

In the calendar and can't wait. I'll have to make sure I don't have an early start the next day!

I can't wait for this.  I currently have a launch PS4 and I've had all the PlayStations from 1-4 (plus PSP and Vita) but Project Scropio is the first Xbox I've ever been excited about.

Unless they pull a Nintendo and radically disappoint from the pre-official announcement rumors or Sony pulls an ace out of their sleave... which would pretty much have to be an even higher spec PS5 in 2018 announcent, which seems unlikely... I'll be getting a Project Scropio this year.  That will be my first 4k HD Blu-Ray player (for my 4k TV I just got last black friday), my first Xbox which thanks to backwards compatilbity well let me play both Xbox One and Xbox 360 games I missed as well as the best versions of multiplatform games going forward.  I still love my PS4 and I'll keep it for all the games I have this generation up until Project Scorpio as well as any Sony exclusives after but it's looking like Project Scorpio will be my main box from the time is launches until the PS5 comes out (if I even end up getting that).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Asmodai said:

I can't wait for this.  I currently have a launch PS4 and I've had all the PlayStations from 1-4 (plus PSP and Vita) but Project Scropio is the first Xbox I've ever been excited about.

Unless they pull a Nintendo and radically disappoint from the pre-official announcement rumors or Sony pulls an ace out of their sleave... which would pretty much have to be an even higher spec PS5 in 2018 announcent, which seems unlikely... I'll be getting a Project Scropio this year.  That will be my first 4k HD Blu-Ray player (for my 4k TV I just got last black friday), my first Xbox which thanks to backwards compatilbity well let me play both Xbox One and Xbox 360 games I missed as well as the best versions of multiplatform games going forward.  I still love my PS4 and I'll keep it for all the games I have this generation up until Project Scorpio as well as any Sony exclusives after but it's looking like Project Scorpio will be my main box from the time is launches until the PS5 comes out (if I even end up getting that).

This will be my first 4K player as well I borrowed a mates S once and yeah wow, Nearly every TV in my house now is 4K but the 4K streaming feels compressed as hell and I find 4K 50gb rips looking a lot better and I've held off on the slim after already buying 2 Xbox ones this generation. The only thing Sony could pull that would make me give any notice this E3 would be PS2 and PS1 disc playback, Easily doable but takes away away dollars from re-releases on PSN. Let the trophy support go and allow disc backwards compatibility.

Mate! Didn't realise you didn't have an xbox at all. Your backlog of games list will be massive, but BC being one of the best things I'm seeing out of Microsoft you'll have some catching up to do. This christmas is already looking stacked with 4K Forza, State of Decay and Crackdown if you haven't been watching xbox exclusives coming up. Sea of thieves is another massive one can't wait to see at E3 but I'm hoping Q1 18 to stagger the releases coming up a bit.

This in 4K... 

7 hours ago, Vandalsquad said:

This will be my first 4K player as well I borrowed a mates S once and yeah wow, Nearly every TV in my house now is 4K but the 4K streaming feels compressed as hell and I find 4K 50gb rips looking a lot better and I've held off on the slim after already buying 2 Xbox ones this generation. The only thing Sony could pull that would make me give any notice this E3 would be PS2 and PS1 disc playback, Easily doable but takes away away dollars from re-releases on PSN. Let the trophy support go and allow disc backwards compatibility.

I haven't actually seen any true 4k content other than in TV stores.  That said I can already tell a huge difference between a normal Blu-Ray disc and broadcast/cable HD TV as well as streaming services such as Netflix on their 1080p streams.  The Blu-Ray to me personnally is noticably better (especially on darker images where the compression leads to banding in the black areas).  If the difference is that big between streaming/broadcast 1080p and disc based 1080p I'm sure the difference will be HUGE to me for 4k.  My friends tease be because I refuse to pay for streaming services that have what I consider crappy quality streams due to the high compression.  I prefer to rent a blu-ray at Redbox over subscribing to Netflix because of the higher quality and due to the lower volume of movies I watch per month it's cheaper as well. (I do have Amazon Prime for the shipping and other benefits so I do at least have that streaming service but I didn't get it for the streaming and if the streaming went away I'd still buy Prime, it's just an extra bonus).

As for the PS1 and PS2 emulator on the PS4 I think that would be AWESOME.  I still have my PS3 (original version with hardware compatibity to PS2) for playing the disc PS1, PS2, and PS3 games I STILL have.  It would be nice to be able to play everything but PS3 games on the PS4.  That said it wouldn't stop me from getting Project Scorpio as I exepct Project Scorpio will still have the best version of multiplatform games from it's release until the end of the generation (Just as the PS4 has up until Project Scropio releases).  Also I may end up getting the Project Scorpio VR in the future, especially if I can use the headset on my Win10 PC as well.

7 hours ago, Vandalsquad said:

Mate! Didn't realise you didn't have an xbox at all. Your backlog of games list will be massive, but BC being one of the best things I'm seeing out of Microsoft you'll have some catching up to do. This christmas is already looking stacked with 4K Forza, State of Decay and Crackdown if you haven't been watching xbox exclusives coming up. Sea of thieves is another massive one can't wait to see at E3 but I'm hoping Q1 18 to stagger the releases coming up a bit.

Nope, never had an Xbox.  Wasn't even tempted by the original Xbox, I'm not even sure I know anyone who got one (there was probable one or two but I can't specifically remember anyone).  In the 360 generation most of my friends actually went with the 360 but I'm a tech geek first and despite the fact it killed sales due to raising the price the Blu-Ray player, backwards compatibility with my existing game library, replacable HDD, free network play, etc. won me over.  We all know how the Xbox One launch went so there was no temptation there.  I will say though if the current generation launched with the Xbox One S and the PS4 Slim I think Xbox would have won the U.S. at least again despite the weaker GPU/slower RAM.  As I said most of my friends were 360 last gen but most of them came to PS4 after the Xbox One launch nightmare.  I think the One S would have been good enough to keep them all on team Xbox if it was the launch console (with it's Ultra HD Blu-Ray, backwards compatibiltiy, no mandatory Kinect, "prettier" design, etc.)

Like I said though I do have a lot of friends with 360s and a few with Ones so when I get Project Scorpio I'll be borrowing a lot of discs, rofl.  It's also not like I haven't played Xbox games, I've just done it at other peoples houses instead of at my own.  I'm also a big fan of the Xbox/PC cross play MS is doing.  I know it's contraversial in the Xbox circles but I think it's a great move and it's not in any way detering me from getting Project Scorpio despite the fact I also have a PC gaming rig. (and I'll probably build a new on this year too).  Despite enjoying building gaming PCs my gaming PCs go in my "office" (2nd bedroom) and I have ZERO desire at all to attach a PC to my living room TV.  I'm squarely in the PCs for the office, consoles for the living room camp.  Also since the PS2 consoles have been the only optical disc player I've bought for my TVs. PS2 for DVD, PS3/PS4 for Blu-Ray, and probably Project Scropio for Ultra HD Blu-Ray.  I really don't see myself buying a stand-alone optical disc player ever again I actually do appreciate the lower compression of disc based media over the highly compressed broadcast/cable/streaming sources.

This was a smart move,  now they pretty much get the whole media day to themselves instead of having to share it with Sony and Nintendo. 

Bethesda have also moved to Sunday. It's to allow the press access without being bothered by the public, who are attending for the first time.

E3 as a format is failing and up to last year the halls were empty. Opening to the public is their latest stunt to reap back costs and keep interest.