How do I dim a hanging light (bottle lamp kit)?

Hi all. I bought a bottle lamp kit that includes the cord/plug and the bulb socket.  I'm not making a bottle lamp though, I'm hanging an LED "Vintage Edison" filament bulb (4 watt/60 watt equivalent / dimmable).  It's 400 lumens, first time using an LED bulb.  It's very bright and I'd love to dim it somehow.  Are there dimmable adapters that you can plug straight into the wall, then plug the lamp into the adapter and dim from there?

13 minutes ago, Izlude said:

Hi all. I bought a bottle lamp kit that includes the cord/plug and the bulb socket.  I'm not making a bottle lamp though, I'm hanging an LED "Vintage Edison" filament bulb (4 watt/60 watt equivalent / dimmable).  It's 400 lumens, first time using an LED bulb.  It's very bright and I'd love to dim it somehow.  Are there dimmable adapters that you can plug straight into the wall, then plug the lamp into the adapter and dim from there?

If the lamp is plugged into the wall that wired to the switch on the wall like this: 

3201143-450px.jpg

Then you can take that switch off and install the dimmer in there like this: 

SLVP-x_Face_1.jpg

If it is not wired to the switch, then you can get dimmer adapter for outlet where the lamp is plugged in so you can dim it from your phone or PC... if not, there are some adapters that come with a remote: 

7238e1f6-d75c-448a-84d5-7cde65f411ad_100

AAAhhh!!  That Lutron is perfect!! *o*   Yes, something like that!  I'll have to grab it!   I googled for something like that and it gave me instead what +Gary7's 1st link showed.  I guess there's a certain term for it, I just couldn't quite get it right.  Thanks both of ya!