Mechanical Keyboard For Linux

I have been looking around, and most KB's need software for it to run. And nearly none of them have Linux drivers. Minus Corsair and Roccat (sp?)

I have read that the newest Ducky keyboard, Shine 5, are H/W controlled. So, no software needed.

Any pointers here? Other than Corsair, I am unknowing...

Ok... your posts are so vague who knows what you are even asking. You asked about their drivers on github, that page I linked to shows all devices supported under Linux. What exactly do you want to know about them?

I'm running Antergos on my home PC at the moment. I'll give those Razer drivers a go. I've got a Blackwidow Chroma, a Razer Kraken 7.1, and a Deathadder Chroma. 

I asked "if anyone knows about them"

That means, has anyone here used it? Did your friends use this? Do they work? Are they a piece of trash? etc.

Not that I wanted the link, just If you "know" about it.

Just now, NeoTrunks said:

I'm running Antergos on my home PC at the moment. I'll give those Razer drivers a go. I've got a Blackwidow Chroma, a Razer Kraken 7.1, and a Deathadder Chroma. 

Thanks for the help :)

I would recommend stating that in the future, your post was so vague it was hard to even give an answer. The link I provided gave great insight as to what products are supported and even links to a Wiki with known issues. The drivers are not official, nor supported by Razer. Here is a recent review that hopefully answers whatever specifics you need. The concensus however, seems to be that roccat offers the best solution for linux.

Nothing in GitHub is official. I mean, the CKB isn't official, but it works fine with my K97...

Hello,

I have a Ducky ONE.  It's programmed via the keyboard directly, so no Windows or Linux utilities needed (unsure if any are even available, for that matter).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Wait, are you looking for a mechanical keyboard that works on Linux OR one with fancy lights? All mechanical keyboards will work on Linux. They just may not light up.

3 hours ago, Zag L. said:

Wait, are you looking for a mechanical keyboard that works on Linux OR one with fancy lights? All mechanical keyboards will work on Linux. They just may not light up.

I know they all "work" on Linux. But, I am looking for programmable macro keys, whole range of RGB colors, etc.

These words on the internet is so odd...

So, after about 15 minutes of troubleshooting, I can't get the Razer app to see any of my Razer devices. I have a Blackwidow and a DeathAdder attached. I tried to troubleshoot, but based on what I was reading, it looks like this comes and goes depending on the update. In about a week or so, I'll try it on some flavor of Ubuntu or maybe even Fedora.

Talking about the Razer drivers from the link above, in case someone hasn't read all of the comments.