Which CMS System is best

Question

Maertl

Hello 

i am planing to design and develope a website which looks near like www.ms-webdesign.at

As the design is not like most common designs i would be lucky about some feedback which CMS works best to create such a web site.

The site mentioned above is made with Weblication for which a licence is required. I want to use a open source cms.
Please let me know if you have some suggestions for a open source cms.

2 answers to this question

+rdlenk

I am a fan of Umbraco (https://umbraco.com/) which is a good ASP.Net CMS. I like to develop in C# and and not a fan of PHP so tend to avoid Wordpress.

Their site tries to get you into the paid "Umbraco Cloud" solution but the actual CMS is free and open source: https://umbraco.com/products/umbraco-cms/

Premgenius

Magneto, Umbraco, Joomla and Wordpress are for the one's I've seen many use

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ather Fawaz
      Neural networks are now being used to track exotic particles at CERN
      by Ather Fawaz

Image via CERN Research within the domain of physics has profited from the rise of artificial neural networks and deep learning. In the past, we've seen them being applied to study dark matter and massive galaxies. Continuing this pattern, we now have artificial neural networks being used in the study of exotic particles.

At the Compact Muon Solenoid (CMS), which is a particle detector built on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, researchers are using neural networks to identify atypical experimental signatures resulting from proton–proton collisions inside the LHC.

These experimental signatures are hard to track for traditional algorithms as most of the 'debris' generated by a collision is short-lived. But neural networks can prove to be potent in this situation. This is due to the fact that they can be trained on real-world data.

CMS' neural network has been trained with such data and will soon be in a position to detect the experimental signatures automatically. For training, the researchers have used domain adaptation by backward propagation to improve the simulation modeling of the jet class probability distributions observed in collision data.

The model has shown promising results thus far. During the analysis of a particle track where the probability of correctly identifying a jet from a long-lived particle was 50%, the model misidentified only one regular jet in every thousand and demonstrated a low count of false negatives and false positives.

CERN believes that the new system will help advance the firm's quest for finding ephemeral and exotic particles. For more information, you may study the paper published on arXiv.

• By News Staff
      Decoupled Drupal delivers flexible approaches to web development
      by Steven Parker

Claim your complimentary eBook for free today, before the offer expires!

What's it about?
      Meet new experience mandates across channels and devices with flexible decoupled development modes provided by Acquia and Drupal.

Digital visitors demand stellar experiences across multiple channels. Building dynamic applications for devices and channels today, and anticipating tomorrow’s needs, requires a flexible web content management (WCM) system. It needs to do the following in order to utilize the skills of front- and back-end developers without eliminating capabilities for content creators:

Minimize risk Maximize investment Enable organizations Acquia’s Drupal-based platform delivers flexibility, read our white paper to find out more about:

Drupal's three modes of development Technical independence Content Flexibility Download the free eBook today!

How to get it
      Please ensure you read the terms and conditions to claim this offer. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this free offer. If you have previously made use of these free offers, you will not need to re-register. While supplies last!

>> Decoupled Drupal Delivers Flexible Approaches to Web Development - Free eBook <<
      Offered by Acquia, Inc view other free resources | Limited time offer

Not for you?
      That's OK, there are other free eBooks on offer you can check out here, but be aware that these are all time-limited offers. If you are uncomfortable sharing your details with a third-party sponsor, we understand. Or via our preferred partner:

How can I disable these posts? Click here.

Disclosure: A valid email address is required to fulfill your request. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this offer. By submitting a request, your information is subject to TradePub.com's Privacy Policy.

• By News Staff
      Decoupled Drupal Delivers Flexible Approaches to Web Development - Free eBook
      by Steven Parker

Claim your complimentary eBook for free today, before the offer expires!

What's it about?
      Meet new experience mandates across channels and devices with flexible decoupled development modes provided by Acquia and Drupal.

Digital visitors demand stellar experiences across multiple channels. Building dynamic applications for devices and channels today, and anticipating tomorrow’s needs, requires a flexible web content management (WCM) system. It needs to do the following in order to utilize the skills of front- and back-end developers without eliminating capabilities for content creators:

Minimize risk Maximize investment Enable organizations Acquia’s Drupal-based platform delivers flexibility, read our white paper to find out more about:

Drupal's three modes of development Technical independence Content Flexibility Download the free eBook today!

How to get it
      Please ensure you read the terms and conditions to claim this offer. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this free offer. If you have previously made use of these free offers, you will not need to re-register. While supplies last!

>> Decoupled Drupal Delivers Flexible Approaches to Web Development - Free eBook <<
      Offered by Acquia, Inc view other free resources | Limited time offer

Not for you?
      That's OK, there are other free eBooks on offer you can check out here, but be aware that these are all time-limited offers. If you are uncomfortable sharing your details with a third-party sponsor, we understand. Or via our preferred partner:

How can I disable these posts? Click here.

Disclosure: A valid email address is required to fulfill your request. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this offer. By submitting a request, your information is subject to TradePub.com's Privacy Policy.

• By McCordRm
      So my website got hacked a while back and I've been too busy to get it back up and running. Now that I have the time, I'm looking for something secure.
      1. I'll be hosting it on my own domain, so no services requiring me to use another site.
      2. I want to make sure it's secure. (I realize there are no guarantees, obviously.)
      3. Expected functions are expected: tags for posts, ability to search by topic, etc.
      4. Here is my partially re-built site to let you know what I'm going for with the look: http://www.richardmccord.com/Better_America/Step01_Communication.html
      Obviously, nothing spectacular. But it fits my theme.
      5. Mobile ready. If it doesn't work right for mobile devices, it's out.
      Am I still looking at using Wordpress, or is there a better option? I found that I "needed" plugins to make Wordpress sort my articles/Pages the way I wanted.
    • By Seahorsepip
      What do you think of the following design?
      It's a new CMS I'm creating, for simple webpages and complex webpages, it's kinda like wordpress.
      The design is based on material design from google. The colorscheme is configurable.

Any suggestions/ideas?