Ghost in the Shell (2017)

I'm actually looking forward to this one, it looks good, and it seems like they have the tone from the original movie going in this, hope the story is good.

16 hours ago, George P said:

I'm actually looking forward to this one, it looks good, and it seems like they have the tone from the original movie going in this, hope the story is good.

They got the tone down, but they don't have the soul.

8 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Is it bad that the only reason im looking forward to this (as a non-anime connoisseur ) is the possibility of seeing scarjo bare :shifty:

Doubtful, I remember reading that it's going to be PG-13. Unfortunately I can't find where I read that though.

• Like 1

Innocence, as far as the story goes, is not worth it, it does look good though, visually.    The solid state society, the movie sequel to the two stand alone complex tv series, is a better movie in my opinion.   The problem with the movies and tv series though is that we're looking at two different timelines, so they share nothing.

• 1 month later...

Not what I saw...

Chris is also a big fan of the original and anime in general. So I would trust his judgement.

7 hours ago, Yogurth said:

Did anyone see it? Seems that critics agree, it is one more ruined adaptation.

After seeing it, I find I didn't hate it BUT, you will enjoy it more the less you know about the anime or manga.

1 hour ago, FloatingFatMan said:

After seeing it, I find I didn't hate it BUT, you will enjoy it more the less you know about the anime or manga.

Perfect. I watched the original on vhs so long ago i remember almost nothing.

• Like 2

I watched the movie to see naked female robots... why did they make it hard by showing a naked female robot in stealth mode?:rolleyes:

bad movie

Takeshi Kitano dont speak English! How do they understand each other?

Police car is a tiny sportcar? Seriously?

4 minutes ago, Marujan said:

bad movie

since most humans are 'enhanced', they have embedded chips for instant translation.

10 hours ago, atcapistrano said:

I watched the movie to see naked female robots... why did they make it hard by showing a naked female robot in stealth mode?:rolleyes:

She was never naked. :p

10 hours ago, Marujan said:

bad movie

Those are what make it a bad movie? Really?

1. They're all enhanced, so have built in translation software.

2. That's Batou's personal car, not a police car.  Also, Section 9 are not police.

Can you ask programmers to upgrade firmware for Takeshi Kitano, he use the old version of software with no support of English language.

touchscreen-firmware-update_g7q7qiv.png.1354x0_q80_crop-smart.thumb.png.a3268121fa23378db66a00c48e893c0f.png