Strange issue i've been having with mouse among other things

a few days ago i noticed something had woken up my computer from sleep mode without my interference, according to the event logs it happened roughly 4 hours after i had put it to sleep.  i noticed my scroll wheel and scroll click weren't working at all, and whenever i'd try to scroll down by left clicking the right bar, it would shoot back to the top after i released the button.

i was also unable to type anything because the typing cursor would move all the way to the left no matter what, this was only remedied by disabling horizontal scrolling.  even now if i'm working on any page with control bars, the bars will move all the way to the left, in vlc player the volume seems to max out automatically for some reason too. i entered the powercfg -lastwake command and the id seemed to match my mouse, since i tested it with my older, broken mouse of the same model by putting my computer into sleep mode and waking it up.  my pc won't go into idle mode as long as i have this mouse hooked up and i am unable to fully put it into sleep mode, almost like something is permanently pushing one of the sensors on it.

i've tried almost everything i could think of, multiple virus scans with different programs, reinstalling the mouse, cleaning it with computer duster, running check discs and sfc scannow commands. i even tried to run a system restore but was unable to due it supposedly not being able to access a file.

any help would be appreciated,
thanks.

Have you considered the mouse is just broken...

You've done all the sensible 1st steps of re-installing drivers and cleaning it, from what you said it seems as though the older mouse worked fine and the issue is only present with the newer mouse..

Next logical step is its just broken.

Either chuck it and buy a new one, or send it back under warranty if its new enough.