National Rugby League: Season 2004

For the people out there who have no idea what NRL is here is the official website. http://www.nrl.com

So people, lets start discussing the new season in rugby league starting soon.

Personaly I think it is about time the Brisbane Broncos won again. :cool:

Edited by wildliquid

The thing with Brisbane, they play good all the time. Can anyone tell me why Penrith deserved to win in '03? Bulldogs havent always been a strong team, but their biggest chance was in '02, and even from the salary cap thing, they still have quite a lot of fans supporting them. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Sydney are trying to scrap the salary cap because it goes against some contract and trade laws.

Newcastle all the way!

Seriously though, i dont know if they will do much good because they have lost a few good players. They have supprised everyone before in 97, hopefully they will again.

Jelly i think you mean Andrew Johns all the way ;)

Yes Jet, the roosters are trying to get rid of the salary cap, but i dont see them being successful before the season opener in March.

Wakefield Trinity all the way :D they are my local team in England, never going to get anywhere because we are sh*t but we are in the superleague! ... not sure for how much longer though.

I have watched a few Broncos games, and they are a good team, just wish Wakefield had the players and the money they do.

I remember a few years ago, when Brisbane won, about 2 months later they went to play an England team, and got their asses kicked. I guess it was because of going from a Queensland summer 40*C, to what they were playing in, -2*C

i liked when Australia had Super League.. i think it was a step in the right direction. Watching games played in england, it shows to be alot better off for the game.. but you watch the pommy games.. and they dont have the flamboyincy (sp?) that we have become so used to seeing in NRL.

I support Warrington Wolves in the Super League (my local team)

In the NRL I support Parramatta Eels in the last few years they've been indifferent in their form, hopefully they can do much better this year.

• 4 weeks later...