Outlook 2016 & hotmail.co.uk

Question

Hi

Have finally upgrated to Win10 and using Outlook 2016.

I have been able to set up and sync my hotmail.com account via the automatic wizard, however I cannot seen to do the same for my hotmail.co.uk account.

Anyone have any tips or advice for connecting up a hotmail.co.uk account to Outlook2016 ?

I've been through all the manual settings steps and still cant get it to work for hotmail.co.uk

thanks

7 answers to this question

All these accounts have been migrated to Outlook.com so it should all be automatic configured in Outlook 2016. 

What error does it give you? Have you 2FA enabled on the hotmail.co.uk Microsoft account?

Are you configuring it under your existing Outlook 2016 profile where your hotmail.com account is already present or a new Outlook 2016 Profile?

I cant get throught the first step of the automatic configuration.

I entered all my details, then click next and Outlook says it is searching for my account settings, then a "Windows Security" dialogue comes up requesting I input my password, I click remember my credentials on this, and same window keeps popping up.

If I click cancel on the Windows Security window (after many attempts to enter my details and remember my credentials)  Outlook stops searching and says an encrypted connection to your server is not available click next to try using an unencrypted connection.

I do not have 2FA enabled on my hotmail.co.uk account and am adding/configuring it where my hotmail.com account is already available (and another outlook.com account also present)

23 minutes ago, Premgenius said:

All these accounts have been migrated to Outlook.com so it should all be automatic configured in Outlook 2016. 

What error does it give you? Have you 2FA enabled on the hotmail.co.uk Microsoft account?

Are you configuring it under your existing Outlook 2016 profile where your hotmail.com account is already present or a new Outlook 2016 Profile?

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Following on from Prem's questions, can you log into the account via the web site without problems?

If you have 2FA enabled, you will need to create an app password via your Microsoft account security page.

Yes, I can log into the hotmail.co.uk account via the website without any probs, and I do not have 2FA enabled on the account ...

I'm going to assume when you log in via hotmail.co.uk it loads Outlook,.com interface after authenticating? Furthermore on the hotmail.co.uk account you are using primary alias?

I'd suggest creating a new profile and testing adding it to see what the end result is.

16 minutes ago, Tai said:

When you log in via the web site, are you entering the password manually, or do you have a password manager / plugin auto-entering it?

Normally if the security dialog window is appearing over and over again in the Outlook app it would mean it has been entered incorrectly.

One other possible solution is to set the server to m.hotmail.com

Does that resolve it?

4 hours ago, Premgenius said:

I'm going to assume when you log in via hotmail.co.uk it loads Outlook,.com interface after authenticating? Furthermore on the hotmail.co.uk account you are using primary alias?

I'd suggest creating a new profile and testing adding it to see what the end result is.

Yes, when I log in via hotmail.co.uk it loads outlook.com. am using primary alias when logging in.

I'll try a new profile, however I have also noticed the same problem with the mail app in Windows 10, I cannot get it to configure a hotmail.co.uk account but I can get it to configure a hotmail.com account ..

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

When you log in via the web site, are you entering the password manually, or do you have a password manager / plugin auto-entering it?

Normally if the security dialog window is appearing over and over again in the Outlook app it would mean it has been entered incorrectly.

One other possible solution is to set the server to m.hotmail.com

Does that resolve it?

When I log in via the website, I enter the password manually, same password I use for my attempt to configure Outlook 2016 but it wont accept the password, whereas the browser does ...

I tried the m.hotmail.com server .. doesnt work ..

So far, I have been able to add a hotmail.com account, but still cannot add a hotmail.co.uk account .. same with Mozilla Thunderbird, I cant add the hotmail.co.uk account .. any help please? thanks