Will Kirby's Return to Dream Land running inside the Dolphin emulator work well on these specificiations?

I would like to play Kirby's Return to Dream Land on the Dolphin Wii emulator, But before i begin, I need to know if Dolphin with the game injected would work on these specs.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

AMD Phenom II X3 B75 processor 3GHZ

10.0 GB memory installed

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 DDR3 4GB

Emulation is highly CPU intensive, and I don't know much about the Phenom line of processors, but I will let you know one thing.  If you notice lag, set the emulator to use the "expiremental" DirectX 12.  I get exponentially better performance out of DirectX12.  I'm using an FX 8370 @ 4 Ghz and an RX 480 8GB, and the emulator still lags if I try to use OpenGL or something else, but with DirectX12 it runs like a dream.

Try the unofficial Ishiiruka build, it's designed to run better on older systems:

This Version complements Official Dolphin-Master giving support for legacy devices, and reducing cpu usage on the graphic thread.
The focus is the gaming experience and speed.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have Kirby's Return to Dream Land on the original Wii back in 2011-2012 until my brother sold everything to the Wii to a pawn shop for his own self-benefit which i will not name. Now, since it's possible to emulate the game on a PC using dolphin, I want to know if my specifications will allow it to perform well.

10.0 GB memory installed

I just would like a little bit of an answer here. I'm fine with it as long as it's not extremely slow and doesn't crash my computer or make anything explode. A simple "It should work fine" would suffice probably.

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

Merged

Best way to find out is to try! https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/

Your CPU is pretty old and probably going to struggle the most, as Dolphin is CPU intensive. The single core performance is probably half that of the i5 alternative CPU.

I don't know, man. I feel like my PC is going to explode if i try it.

On 3/5/2017 at 3:38 PM, benjamine6 said:

I would like to play Kirby's Return to Dream Land on the Dolphin Wii emulator, But before i begin, I need to know if Dolphin with the game injected would work on these specs.

10.0 GB memory installed

It depends mostly on the game you're playing. I had Wind Waker running buttery smooth on my i5 Surface Pro 2 with HD4400 graphics and 4GB of ram, so I'd say you'd probably be safe with your specs along with the right dolphin config for whichever games you plan on playing.

you're computer wont explode lol but with the age of your CPU you will likely have a lot of stutter making it not really worth it IMO

if in doubt search the game in the dolphin-emu.org wiki. it's a great resource and shows how well games run and the recommended specs to run them smoothly. I'd paste a direct link to the game on the wiki for you but I am at work atm and the site is blocked

13 minutes ago, benjamine6 said:

I don't know, man. I feel like my PC is going to explode if i try it.

It won't explode either physically or metaphorically

It will just run slow or stutter and how much of that you can take is simply subjective. Which is why you just need to try it.

It only takes 5 mins to try it and adding up everyone's time posting here, there is an absurdity happening!

And people here have been giving you the answer as best they can - on older CPUs the objective is to hit 4 ghz on a single core and RAM doesn't matter and GPU doesn't matter (mostly)

So everyone is telling you that you probably won't be satisfied with the result but only YOU can determine that by trying it in the next 5 mins and then being a good digital citizen and report back with the results.

• 4 weeks later...

Should run fine.. I run twilight princess on less than what you are running (core 2 quad q6600, 8gb ddr2, Radeon 3870 with 1gb) and no slowdown at all..