Which of these Wi-Fi-capable compact digital cameras? (budget £150)

ignorant in the point and shoot category, but nikon has being quite stagnant across the board, so i'd scratch them off the list?    Buy the one with the biggest sensor (not mp count)

also love these lists you make :p 

• Like 1

Just now, Draconian Guppy said:

ignorant in the point and shoot category, but nikon has being quite stagnant across the board, so i'd scratch them off the list?    Buy the one with the biggest sensor (not mp count)

also love these lists you make :p 

You've spotted a theme :blush:

I actually improved it after posting...

eb_cams6.thumb.jpg.5715e9bf83cbee9b2b2807e05224ec63.jpg

• Like 1

Well like I said, been out of the point and shoot thing for a while now, but some basic pointers

1. Zoom isn't all that it cuts out to be, lens quality matters, so be sure to look for in depth photo comparisons of those 20x

2. Sensor technology matters as well, maybe that boosted 20mp is really just a rehashed old sensor. So do read in to that.

3. Pop up flash makes a difference, I saw a couple of the ixus models, the flash is within the body, vs the SX610 HS the flash pops up lightly. same with the nikons.   I think out of that list only the SX610 has popup flash?  (though further reading is requiered, if not properly placed it can be more of a hindrance than help)

4. Is there a reason the Coolpix A300 is there 3 times ? :laugh: and the 185 3 as well?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Well like I said, been out of the point and shoot thing for a while now, but some basic pointers

1. Zoom isn't all that it cuts out to be, lens quality matters, so be sure to look for in depth photo comparisons of those 20x

2. Sensor technology matters as well, maybe that boosted 20mp is really just a rehashed old sensor. So do read in to that.

3. Pop up flash makes a difference, I saw a couple of the ixus models, the flash is within the body, vs the SX610 HS the flash pops up lightly. same with the nikons.   I think out of that list only the SX610 has popup flash?  (though further reading is requiered, if not properly placed it can be more of a hindrance than help)

4. Is there a reason the Coolpix A300 is there 3 times ? :laugh: and the 185 3 as well?

Thanks for the advice!

The list is actually for my partner (she's the one who wants a new camera) and I noticed that different colors are sometimes different prices.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Silly rabbit... notice the color column on the right.  Such as Red, Silver, Black.. which the camera body color.   :)

• Like 2