Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DocM

Tesla Semi, Roadster, Pickup

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Jerome Guillen, Tesla’s VP of Vehicle Programs, is in charge of the Semi truck program. Before Tesla he was in charge of Daimler’s Cascadia semi-truck program.

Edited by DocM

Oh man - Cant wait to see the next gen Roadster, and the idea of a Tesla pickup....  my puddle of drool is already starting.

If it looks even remotely cool, I think at least 30% of the people in Southlake will be driving one of those Tesla pickups

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They're also working on a Tesla Van, described as a VW van inspired vehicle.  I'm betting it's a Pickup variant. Low hanging fruit once you have the chassis etc.

1 person likes this

True.  In fact, you could base one on the Metris (Mercedes-Benz commercial van chassis) or Sprinter (Dodge and Freightliner commercial van chassis), which I'm surprised Freightliner or Mercedes has NOT done - both are popular for commercial and even residential usage. (Sprinter - residential use?  Yes - any and every use that requires high-top van roofs, and not all of them are commercial, though a lot are.)  Sprinter did NOT leave with Dodge when the Chrysler brands went to Fiat - it stayed with Freightliner and DTNA, where it was sourced.  There are a lot of possibilities where a mostly-green (or all-green) commercial-grade van makes sense - such as where you need greater carry capacity than the John Deere Gator or anything from Bombardier Recreation - which fill that role now.