Little soldering kit?

Hey all, I'm looking for a quick fix. My old soldering iron bit the dust. Not looking for an elaborate soldering station, just a kit to get me back on my feet.  I'm doing TV boards, game consoles and small projects.  This kit I found looks perfect for me.  Just wondering if anyone can vouch for it.  Can I do better for the same price?  I like the desoldering pump that's included.  Just wondering if that's too cheap though..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Soldering-Iron-Tool-Kit-110V-60W-Adjustable-Temperature-Welding-Sold-/201809635498?hash=item2efccaa8aa:g:teoAAOSwnHZYmPEz

Get an xtronic soldering station. You get a lot for the price.

Obviously you could go nuts or go cheaper, but I would seriously consider the xtronic I have listed. I would not say this kit is over the top by any means. You can see the reviews are pretty good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DGZFSNE/

Awesome, that looks really nice! I'll go ahead and grab it.   I'm dealing with solder from hell :p those big juicy globs of lead free solder that just won't melt.  My 15w radio shack wouldn't dent it. I found a 30w at the store for $5 earlier, it still wouldn't melt and actually just molded the glob like clay.  Hope this station gets it nice and hot so I can use a siphon or wick to actually get it out.  If it works, I can finish some NES project I started ages ago and never finished because it has the same solder from hell on the RF box :p  Thanks!

12 hours ago, Izlude said:

Awesome, that looks really nice! I'll go ahead and grab it.   I'm dealing with solder from hell :p those big juicy globs of lead free solder that just won't melt.  My 15w radio shack wouldn't dent it. I found a 30w at the store for $5 earlier, it still wouldn't melt and actually just molded the glob like clay.  Hope this station gets it nice and hot so I can use a siphon or wick to actually get it out.  If it works, I can finish some NES project I started ages ago and never finished because it has the same solder from hell on the RF box :p  Thanks!

If you're having issues with high melting temperature, you could add something like Chip Quik onto the existing solder and reduce the melting temperature.

My goodies came today *o*  The soldering iron works great! Melted the stuff immediately with it's higher temp dial.  Bad news is that one of the thick caps I ordered (450v 150uf) has very short leads (picture showed longer, but I assume it's a stock photo now..)   Is there any way to fix this besides hunting down another one?  The cap is supposed to lay on its side with the leads bent, but as it looks, it's not gonna do that. grrr

52 minutes ago, Izlude said:

My goodies came today *o*  The soldering iron works great! Melted the stuff immediately with it's higher temp dial.  Bad news is that one of the thick caps I ordered (450v 150uf) has very short leads (picture showed longer, but I assume it's a stock photo now..)   Is there any way to fix this besides hunting down another one?  The cap is supposed to lay on its side with the leads bent, but as it looks, it's not gonna do that. grrr

Hopefully you kept your other soldering iron, it will come in handy. I have done this a few times when I used to do various motherboard mods during the P4 era. Here is a solution that I know works. Acquire 22awg bus wire, next twist it around the lead you want to extend and try and keep it as close to the cap as possible, and go ahead and place a small amount of solder. Snip off any excess wire and you are finished. Try not to heat the cap for too long, low wattage soldering irons work perfect for this.