MS Band 2 turns off by itself

I own a Band 2 when it first came out. I never had ever wear a watch in my life. Got it to count my steps, runs and calories. I had to replace it 3 times with the band strip ripping. This latest problem is not the strap but the watch turns off. I can’t power it on until I plug it in. When I do that it tells me the battery ran dead but it shows that I’m fully charge. I try to reset to factory but stills did this. Microsoft does not have the Band 2 anymore and can only get store credit. Had anyone has this issue and so did your get it fix?

Really don’t want to switch over to a Applewatch. Don’t like the interface. Just find the Band 2 yo do a really good job for what I wanted it to do.

Had the issue with mine, never really found a fix. Instead, I took it back and picked up a Fitbit Blaze. Does 99% of what the band 2 did for me, so that might be an option if you dont want all of the bells and whistles the iWatch offers. I was pretty bummed that I had to move over to the fitbit though to be honest, I loved my band 2.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I had similar issue with my Band 2... It will not power on till you connect it to charger. Once connected to charger, it wont charge at all. I recon it was due to damaged ribbon cables that flow through the strap, even though my strap did not have any tears. Contacted Microsoft Support, as I was in ME region they told me they cannot help me with that, even when I offered that I will take care of the shipping both ways. This happened Oct-Nov of 2016, the band was still under warranty that time.

Got extremely disappointed with Microsoft from that point on... and then I switched to Fitbit Blaze... does not have all the bells and whistles of Band 2. But its light, compact, stylish and does its job well. AND I can change the damn straps any time I want.