WiFi issue - Crazy slow

I am having issues with my WiFi on a system that I have had for 6+ months now. Nothing has changed in the house or hardware configuration but one day the WiFi started going slow (approx 1 week ago). At first I thought perhaps it was an issue with my Internet but speed tests on my phone and other devices returned regular speed results. I have tried removing the drivers and updating with new version and nothing changed. The router is about 5 metres or 20ft away so not very far. As a test I hooked up an ethernet cable and speeds were regular again.

Figuring my PCI-e WiFi device is having some sort of issue I went out and purchased a USB WiFi dongle and have the exact same WiFi issue.

Attached is one speed test on my PC and one from my phone resting on top of my PC. Ethernet tests on my PC show similar to the phone result.

Stumped!

Appreciate any input in advance.

test.jpg

Screenshot_20170520-173724.png

Could be isp related. Being that it is happening on multiple systems it is either router, modem, or isp.

I know that doesn't help but before replacing call the isp to make sure you are in the sweet spot in db levels or there aren't other issues.

1. try changing the channel on your router. maybe a neighbor put in a router on the same channel that is interfering.

2. there is an app (at least on iPhone) called wifi sweetspot that lets you scan around the room for any good or bad spots. maybe that could help you see something.

I have tried changing the channel and using 2.4 and 5Ghz range. I have WiFiAnalyzer on my phone and have checked for congestion, nothing really that is concerning or overlapping.

I had a few old WiFi routers so I added one as an access point. Router 1 is ASUS DSL-AC68U is having the problems, but only with my PC. It's not a cheap modem/router. QoS and the likes are all disabled. Router 2 is rubbish ISP supplied one in bridge mode.

Two tests run minutes apart and only thing changed was switching from Router 1 WiFi to Router 2 WiFi both on 5G.

test.jpg

test.jpg