Pc Crashing Everytime I Play a Game

20 minutes ago, viniciusxis said:

This is my PSU: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=231

I think this is the sticker you mentioned?

DSCF3063.JPG

I will try and get a better psu to test it out from a friend and will let you know the results.

PS: Yesterday I was too tired to keep doing stuff so I just went to bed, but I lowered the memory thing you said on bios (it was 600something I lowered to 400), left dota open vs bots and went to bed.

Today I woke up with it working normaly and the game had finished, I played around 40minutes of dota as well and it didn't crash.

I will try it out more this afternoon, we'll see.

Thanks for all the help. I'll be sure to buy a new PSU anyways I think, cause if it doesn't fix the problem I'll probably just buy a new mobo/cpu...

And yeah, I'm in Brazil, prices are insane.

37.8A total power on the 12V rails, is that enough for that card? i didn't look it up.

2 hours ago, xendrome said:

37.8A total power on the 12V rails, is that enough for that card? i didn't look it up.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx-470,4703-6.html

7.3 A on 6 Pin and 4.5 A from mobo video slot.

He had a 750 Ti running OK and then he added another 100 W of power requirement with the RX 470

I think he went from OK to "can't handle peak demands"

I think he needs a quality 600 W PSU

3 hours ago, xendrome said:

FWIW - 420 W / 12 V = 35 A which is what is listed on the label.

I suspect those numbers by Coolermaster are optimistic as well.

I think the guy from the link I sent had some testing done, maybe he has the real values (I didn't understand most things there so I just stopped reading).

Does the meomory thing I did on bios have anything to do with the PSU? Can you explain to me what that does?

AMD's websites list a TDP of 120W for the RX 470 and benchmarks show a power draw in the low 200W region during gaming at 1080p.

So personally I think the 450W PSU should be fine unless there are a bunch of HDDs and other stuff also connected to it.  If that's the case, unhook any extra stuff that isn't needed for testing purposes.   Though if the PSU is making a squealing sound during gaming, then you probably are straining it.

My other hunch is bad RAM.  I've seen that cause annoying issues and random crashes.  If you can take out your existing RAM and try different sticks, it's definitely worth trying, since it's quick and easy.

Otherwise you could disassemble the whole PC, take out every component, take out every cable, and reseat every component.  You never know if something wasn't seated straight or something was kinked.  Maybe seat the GPU in a different PCIe slot, if possible.  Try different RAM slots.  Make sure the motherboard plugs are all seated (probably 2 from the PSU), and make sure the correct GPU plug is seated (either a 6 or 8 pin, make sure it's correct).

Another idea could be to disable as much stuff as you can from Windows startup.  This one is probably a long shot, but you never know.

18 minutes ago, viniciusxis said:

I think the guy from the link I sent had some testing done, maybe he has the real values (I didn't understand most things there so I just stopped reading).

Does the meomory thing I did on bios have anything to do with the PSU? Can you explain to me what that does?

It is not clear what setting you changed.

If you slowed down the CPU then it would reduce power demands.

Otherwise memory settings won't have much effect on the PSU other than I am convinced the PSU is operating on the borderline edge of what it can do so small changes can help keep it going but power in a computer is not steady state - it has lots of peak demands and when you hit a peak, the PSU glitches and a-crashing-you-will-go...

It would also help if you put your ear right up to the case and identified the component that has become overly noisy. If you take the side off the case sometimes that will help to spot the noisy fan involved.

You could also open up the power supply case and look for bulging caps. I've seen that happen with cheapo over worked power supplies like you have. A degrading PSu will just make things progressively worse.

Your power supply used to have enough headroom to give you a stable system. Then you added a 100 W of extra load and now the PSU is on the edge. The specs on your power supply are for light duty at normal room temps and these things are mass produced cheaply  so everyone is adding up numbers that are essentially just fantasy in real world conditions.

There is nothing in the universe that prevents you from having two separate problems here so continuing to gather information and testing things out could certainly help.

3 hours ago, viniciusxis said:

Hey Dev, that one you sent has been sold out.

Is this one the same tier? https://www.kabum.com.br/cgi-local/site/produtos/descricao_ofertas.cgi?codigo=34217

Its a little cheaper but its on sale, it ends in about 4 days.

I looked around on that site from 550W to 750W and that Corsair CX750 is a great value compared to what else is available.

I have that exact power supply in one of my computers.

Both Corsair and EVGA are brands that source power supplies from various manufacturers in China. Depending on the price tier they are aiming at they will use different suppliers but what makes both of them a good brand is that they don't use any "junk" suppliers. Both Corsair and EVGA tend to use the Chinese "Superflower" power supplies for their top units but it is unlikely the CX750 is a Superflower. The Seasonic brand manufactures their own designs in Japan and is top quality at a top price. Those are my personal 3 preferred brands. There is also a very high quality manufacturer in China named "Zippy" but their power supplies are hard to find.

This lower tier EVGA 600 W at 271 would probably work fine:

https://www.kabum.com.br/produto/79112/fonte-evga-600w-80-plus-100-w1-0600-k

But the CX750 at 349 is a better value.

Well I give up.

Put in my other brother's 520W which supports a much better GPU than mine and its still f** crashing.

I'm f** done.