German police raid Daimler offices

German police have searched 11 offices of carmaker Daimler as part of their investigation into possible fraudulent emissions data by employees.

A total of 23 prosecutors and 230 police officers took part in the search in the states of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Berlin, Lower Saxony and Saxony,

Daimler, which owns Mercedes-Benz, said it was co-operating with authorities.

It added "known and unknown employees" were being sought over suspicion of fraud and misleading advertising.

Earlier this year, it admitted that some of its employees were the target of a criminal investigation, suspected of fraud and false advertising linked to the manipulation of diesel exhaust emissions. Today's searches show that prosecutors are taking that inquiry very seriously indeed.

The company is also concerned about the US authorities. Earlier this year, they accused rival manufacturer FiatChrysler of fitting unauthorised emissions control software to its vehicles; they are reportedly planning to launch legal action against FCA within the next few days.

/snip

Full article at BBC

Man I would love to have the 'talk' I had in the '90's with the diesel brigade again.

(Just thinking out loud, not intended for anyone here to my knowledge)

• Like 2

Hopefully this doesn't ensnare Diamler too... Insane how widespread this cheating may have been.