Low Carb Flavored Coffee "I finally Cracked it"

After starting low carb I gave up Coffee for a while until I could come up with something that actually tasted good and was also low carb. As Steve Jobs would say .."I finally Cracked it" I came up with flavored coffee that has only 5.375 grams of carbs. In comparison ... 1/2 cup of french vanilla creamer is 40 grams of carbs or 15 grams for 3 tablespoons.

Just for presentation, I put it in an old Starbucks glass container. Even Looks like Starbucks.

16 oz Cappuccino machine Coffee  (just black coffee)- 0 grams
1/2 cup Soy Milk - 5 grams
1 lid - Mexican Vanella - 0 grams
2 Tablespoons Whipping cream maybe 0.375 carbs
6 eye drops of  Sucralose - 0 carbs

Mix In a blender.

34929077446_3f28404b3e_c.jpg

11 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

I have been on low carb for 2 months, you can substitute that sucralose hazard with honey and still stay in keto.

But how much would one use... just 1 TBSP is 17 g one Teaspoon is 5.6

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

But how much would one use... just 1 TBSP is 17 g

Believe me honey is really sweet, for the amount in the photo one teaspoon should suffice You. That is around 6 g of carbohydrates. In theory, You could have 8 of those and still stay in ketosis. I drink 2 coffees a day with honey and eat tomato, carrots, onions and still not dropping out of ketosis (the bad breath tells the tale :)

1 minute ago, Yogurth said:

Believe me honey is really sweet, for the amount in the photo one teaspoon should suffice You. That is around 6 g of carbohydrates. In theory, You could have 8 of those and still stay in ketosis. I drink 2 coffees a day with honey and eat tomato, carrots, onions and still not dropping out of ketosis (the bad breath tells the tale :)

But wouldn't the honey flavor come through?

Just now, warwagon said:

But wouldn't the honey flavor come through?

Indeed, You might find it messing with the taste You are after, but since I drink black coffee of 100% Arabica beans, the honey just enhances the natural sweet acidity of Arabica. In the end, You can try it and see if it fits you.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you guys drink these? Is it for the burst of energy in the morning or so you purely enjoy the taste? I used to drink a red bull every morning to get going, but have since ditched those and just do a straight black coffee. I don't necessarily enjoy the taste, some are better than others, but it gives me that quick wake up I need to get going in the morning. 

Just now, Circaflex said:

If you don't mind me asking, why do you guys drink these? Is it for the burst of energy in the morning or so you purely enjoy the taste? I used to drink a red bull every morning to get going, but have since ditched those and just do a straight black coffee. I don't necessarily enjoy the taste, some are better than others, but it gives me that quick wake up I need to get going in the morning. 

For some reason, straight black coffee makes me really really hungry. Yes, Mostly for the Energy and I enjoy the taste of my new concoction.

Just now, warwagon said:

For some reason, straight black coffee makes me really really hungry. Yes, Mostly for the Energy and I enjoy the taste of my new concoction.

That's cool, you should add your recipe to MyFitnessPals database, I'm sure others will appreciate it!

11 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

Indeed, You might find it messing with the taste You are after, but since I drink black coffee of 100% Arabica beans, the honey just enhances the natural sweet acidity of Arabica. In the end, You can try it and see if it fits you.

After watching some documentaries I don't think too far fetched that the sugar industry wants to make you think the artificial sugar replacements will kill you.

2 minutes ago, warwagon said:

After watching some documentaries I don't think too far fetched that the sugar industry wants to make you think the artificial sugar replacements will kill you.

At least with the honey, You aren't falling for either :)

On 2017-5-29 at 11:02 AM, warwagon said:

Yeah, real men drink dark coffee no sugar added :p 

On 2017-5-29 at 10:52 AM, Yogurth said:

I'm a fan of adding raw honey to my coffee, however it sometimes balances out too sweet. I've found the perfect combination to be an "americano" (water + espresso" + a dash of honey or just simply espresso + honey.

3.4 to about 6.1 ph for honey

5.0 - 5.1 ph for coffee

one balances the other out (Eg sweet coffee)

• 4 weeks later...

I started drinking black coffee when I was in the Navy. Navy coffee starts out really bad. Adding sugar made it taste like sweet bad and the powdered creamer... forget it. Went with straight bad black. Do that for a few years and you'll really learn to appreciate good black coffee. After 30 years, still drinking it black. 

I normally have 1 cup of coffee every morning when I get to work.  When I was younger, I used to put a lot of sugar in it.  Now, maybe a spoon and 1/2 for 12oz.  I still enjoy liquid creamer every now and then.  I use honey and green tea when I have a cold.

I will have to give your mix a try tho normally when I want coffee, I want it quick and not a lot of fuss.

i do low carb all the time, well, try as much as possible.   i love the stevia drops, not the powder.  sweetleaf sweet drops, and mix in a little xylitol.

some people don't like stevia because of the metallic aftertaste, but if you mix them, it seems to go away