How to turn off Xbox One S to instant power on?

I have set the power setting to Instant Power On, but when I hold the Xbox button on the controller and then power off, it shuts down fully :s

Is there a way to shut it off using the Instant On mode, or do I have to let it shut itself off after an hour of inactivity every time?

Edit: I see that pressing the button on the Xbox shuts it down to Instant Power on, just figured that should also work via the controller lol.

Hmm...

If your settings are set to Power mode Instant-On, then holding the Xbox button and selecting "Turn off console" is the same as tapping the button on the console.

As expected, it doesn't fully shut off the Xbox, it goes into the 'semi-hibernated' state.  When off, it appears to be fully powered off, but it is essentially a semi-hibernated state that can respond to network connectivity, etc.  (The S appears to be more 'off' than the original due to lower power modes.)

It should power back on in 1-2 seconds, and do updates in the background, etc.

19 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

I have set the power setting to Instant Power On, but when I hold the Xbox button on the controller and then power off, it shuts down fully :s

Is there a way to shut it off using the Instant On mode, or do I have to let it shut itself off after an hour of inactivity every time?

Edit: I see that pressing the button on the Xbox shuts it down to Instant Power on, just figured that should also work via the controller lol.

I always use the controller to shut down and It works fine for me, weird you're getting different behaviour.

Maybe try setting it back to instant-on off, full reset and then back on?

I have my Xbox One set to instant-on and use the controller to turn it off.  Cortana still responds to my commands and it powers up quickly.  Unless you see the Xbox One logo on startup, your console should be going into a hibernation state.

Now that the Xbox One S has an internal power supply you can't check the light to see if it's off fully or at instant-on, you could tell by the color of the light, be it orange or if it stays white.

It seems to be OK now. Thanks for the replies guys. I ordered the Samsung UE43KU6000 4K TV that supports HDR10 and is known to work properly with it (number 4 on the list http://thisgengaming.com/2016/07/24/the-best-4k-hdr-tvs-on-the-market-right-now-for-the-upcoming-xbox-one-s/) Plus I have (access to) Netflix 4K too :D My 40" will go in the bedroom so I will finally have a decent access to Plex and Netflix (right now on a 32" non smart TV with a flaky Amazon Firestick).