E3 2017 Sony Press Conference Discussion

PS4.thumb.png.072cd740ad2975f18b3f4ab9b30b27af.png

What is E3 2017?

E3 2017 is the latest exhibition of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, a major event in the gaming industry that has been going on for more than 20 years. Video game professionals from all over the world gather in Los Angeles to share announcements about their respective businesses, all while offering expo goers the chance to play unreleased games. This is the first year that E3 will officially be open to the public, moving it closer to consumer-oriented expositions like PAX.

When is E3 2017?

E3 officially begins at noon PDT / 8 pm BST on Tuesday, June 13, at which point the showfloor will open at the Los Angeles Convention Center. That's more like the halfway point, though. External E3 events will begin on Saturday and roll all the way up to the morning of the conference itself. The show will close at 5 pm on Thursday, June 15.

When is the Sony E3 2017 press conference?

See when the Sony E3 2017 press conference is and how to watch it at our dedicated page. Just want the time and date? No problem. The show proper will begin at 6 pm PDT on Monday, June 12, which is 2 am BST on Tuesday, June 13. However, a pre-show presentation will begin an hour earlier if you want to catch the whole thing.

Source

Where can I watch?

http://live.playstation.com/

PlayStation E3 Experience 2017: Live in Theaters June 12

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/

https://gaming.youtube.com/e3

http://www.ign.com/events/e3

https://www.twitch.tv/event/E3

Exhibition List

Full list available via IGN

What was shown?

Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy – Final Trailer

Life is Strange: Before the Storm

Undertale coming to Vita!... also PS4!

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Days Gone

Monster Hunter World

Shadow of the Colossus

Call of Duty: WWII

Horizon: Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds

PlayStation VR Titles

God of War

Detroit: Become Human

Destiny 2

Spider-Man

Gran Turismo Sport

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

Hidden Agenda

Knack 2

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood

Strange Brigade

Everybody's Golf

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom

Matterfall

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT

Kingdom Hearts III

3 hours ago, Showan said:

will sony's e3 conference be in 4k on youtube???

Yes, all of YouTube's two day coverage will be in 4K.

Luckily off from work :p 

All I want is an actual release date for GT Sport and the remaining (promised) features revealed.  Anything else revealed that I'm interested in, is a bonus (Y)

Expecting this to be a bit meh this year. Although, that was my feelings before today given I believed Scorpio would steal E3. That price hasn't helped and MS's conference was decent at best. 

I think E3 2017 is turning into the sequel fest, which is ok to me overall, only smaller scale games seem to be coming with new stuff, and too much co-op, moba, stuff as new IP.   As good as something like Anthem looks, it's just another online co-op/mp title that wants you to play with others to get the most out of it.   At least Bethesda showed off some single player stuff, again though, sequels.

11 hours ago, Audioboxer said:

Expecting this to be a bit meh this year. Although, that was my feelings before today given I believed Scorpio would steal E3. That price hasn't helped and MS's conference was decent at best. 

Calling it decent is far too generous.

Anyway, I'm not looking for anything big this year from Sony. Although there has been rumours of big changes coming to PS+, so I'm interested to hear more on that.

16 hours ago, Audioboxer said:

I'm expecting Sony's event to be pretty meh this year as well.  I didn't watch the Microsoft Event, only read the details of Xbox One X after the fact but the price is what I was expecting.  In that respect at least Microsoft lived up to expectations but again I didn't watch the actual event.  I WILL be watching the Sony event tonight but I can't see what they could possibly do that would upstage Project Scorpio short of announcing new hardware which isn't going to happen.

I expect to see a bunch of game demos for games that aren't going to be out before Christmas so I really don't care about this year.  Any non-Exclusives I'll likely get on the X so really I'm just looking for entirely new exclusive franchises (not holding my breath though) or info on the next God of War which off the top of my head is the only thing I'm currently looking forward to on PlayStation.

I don't see why they wouldn't show the new God of War at least, but if you want new IP then that's not it.  so far the only ones doing new IP are the smaller studios and indies.  It's much easier to push out a sequel for expensive AAA games than it is to try and build a whole new IP, so we're just seeing less and less of them as AAA dev costs keep going up.  That and the development time as well, AAA games now take like 5 years or something, really good ones that is, not stuff that's rushed out every year like the next CoD.

Shadow of the Colossus remake is rumoured (not PS2 classic). I'll take that and call it a night.

We'll that was a complete terrible show of nothing but cinematic clips with mash button, mash button. Worst Sony show I've ever seen.

6 hours ago, Audioboxer said:

Shadow of the Colossus remake is rumoured (not PS2 classic). I'll take that and call it a night.

Happy I never finished the original as I will check out this remake.

For the second year in a row Spider-Man was the game of Sony's E3 conference for me. With that said it did not look perfect. One too many QTE's but I am hoping that was just the sequence they showed. If the whole game is like that it can get old quick. But damn it did look like a Marvel movie the player "controls," so I am down regardless.

Other than that, new God Of War looks damn good. I am a huge fan of Uncharted and this is known, so it goes without saying I am down for Lost Legacy. Days Gone looks like a mashup of all the good games from Sony's past 4 years so will play it but have a feeling of been there done that. The Detroit game I am interested in as I have mostly enjoyed all of Cage's "games" and I am a sucker for anything AI related.

However while I commend Sony for showing almost nothing but games, it was their weakest E3 showing over the past 3-4 years easily.

2 hours ago, DirtyLarry said:

For the second year in a row Spider-Man was the game of Sony's E3 conference for me. With that said it did not look perfect. One too many QTE's but I am hoping that was just the sequence they showed. If the whole game is like that it can get old quick. But damn it did look like a Marvel movie the player "controls," so I am down regardless.

Other than that, new God Of War looks damn good. I am a huge fan of Uncharted and this is known, so it goes without saying I am down for Lost Legacy. Days Gone looks like a mashup of all the good games from Sony's past 4 years so will play it but have a feeling of been there done that. The Detroit game I am interested in as I have mostly enjoyed all of Cage's "games" and I am a sucker for anything AI related.

However while I commend Sony for showing almost nothing but games, it was their weakest E3 showing over the past 3-4 years easily.

Yeah, only thing new was for the PSVR owners out there, and a few things are coming to other platforms as well, or are games they've shown us before that aren't coming anytime soon.  This E3 really is the year of the sequel and long development times. 

8 hours ago, DirtyLarry said:

Yeah, it is hard to continually top their previous years, so I guess it was time! But their line-up in the next 12 months is pretty astounding - I only wonder if they are already making moves to get games in dev for PS5 in 2019/20.

Spider-Man looks like it will be the best game the hero has ever had, with SM2 finally being dethroned after 14 years. It and God of War looked absolutely insane.

I was pretty lukewarm on Days Gone last year but it had a much better showing this year IMO. Definitely looking forward to it now.

I'm not sold on VR either, but some of those games looked a hell of a lot better than anything that's on the market currently; The Inpatient & Bravo Team especially.

I've never played ICO or SOTC so I guess I am going to be pretty spoiled with the remake of the latter :yes:

I'll probably get Knack 2 to play with my fiancee, sister, and nephew, I'll definately get the DLC for Horizon, and I'll get God of War but it doesn't come out until next year anyway.  I really didn't see anything I didn't already know was coming that I wanted.  Detroit looked interesting to the point where I'll keep an eye on it but not something I currently feel is a must have.  Of course pretty much all of that was at E3 last year.  I thought the pre-show was HORIBBLE but the actual show was pretty good as far as presentation. As far as content it's the worst E3 by Sony that I can remember in my personal opinion.  Again I didn't see the actual Microsoft show so maybe their presentation was terrible but for me at least Xbox One X is the clear E3 winner.  Sony really had nothing major new that I'm personally interested in, just new clips of games I pretty much already knew were coming from last year.  I was also put off a bit by the seemingly vast number of Quick Time Events in the demos.  I HATE QTEs and they were all over the place.

All I see are PS4 slim bundle deals in the big electronic shops in my market, lame, If I'm going to get a PS now it'd be a Pro for sure.  

Oh wait, scratch that, finally found a bundle for 399 euros with HZD, tempting.

8 minutes ago, George P said:

All I see are PS4 slim bundle deals in the big electronic shops in my market, lame, If I'm going to get a PS now it'd be a Pro for sure.  

Oh wait, scratch that, finally found a bundle for 399 euros with HZD, tempting.

HZD is AMAZING (even without new DLC coming), I wouldn't suggest someone get a PS4 just for it but if you plan to get one anyway I'd highly recommend getting that game for it.  Having it come in a bundle with the PRO is abot the best deal I can think of for someone coming new to the PS4.

31 minutes ago, Asmodai said:

HZD is AMAZING (even without new DLC coming), I wouldn't suggest someone get a PS4 just for it but if you plan to get one anyway I'd highly recommend getting that game for it.  Having it come in a bundle with the PRO is abot the best deal I can think of for someone coming new to the PS4.

Yeah, I'm not getting it just for that game, a few others I want to play to, if I have the time that is, Persona 5 is another one.

• DrunknMunky unpinned this topic