Fujitsu Lifebook A514 no audio

Hi all, I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A514 that I installed lubuntu 16.04 LTS on. I got the trackpad working as by default it is not enabled. I have another problem that I can't find a fix for and that is I have no sound coming out my speakers I have tried to install alsa and pulse but neither have worked.  If anyone can help I would appreciate it, other wise I am gonna have to re-install windows on there instead. 

Are you deaf? :laugh:

But, really, did you try plugging a headset into there, to test that? Could be the speakers are dead.

Are you sure in sound settings that it is connected to the right output?

They where working before I installed lubuntu, which is why I am finding it weird they are not working now. I have plugged in speakers and headphones and still no joy turned volume up to the max but no indication that it has even gone up.

So just an update, I used a Ubuntu live environment to test hardware and sound was working perfectly fine. Could it be that during the install, drivers (sorry for using windows terminology) were not installed correctly?  Did a clean install  of lubuntuso went through the process of downloading a new iso rewriting it to the USB and still no joy Lubuntu does not work. Might just install Ubuntu as that works fine with no issues. 

Might want to load up Ubuntu and put in lxde. Lubuntu may have a problem with that.

One reason it might work on Ubuntu and not lubuntu is because Ubuntu uses Pulse out of the box whereas Lubuntu uses Alsa.

Try doing this and let me know how it goes

sudo apt-get remove --purge alsa

Next, get Pulse

sudo apt-get install pavucontrol

once that finishes type

gksu pavucontrol

Check the configuration in pavucontrol and ensure the correct audio setup is enabled for your device.

37 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

One reason it might work on Ubuntu and not lubuntu is because Ubuntu uses Pulse out of the box whereas Lubuntu uses Alsa.

Next, get Pulse

once that finishes type

Check the configuration in pavucontrol and ensure the correct audio setup is enabled for your device.

I forgot about that, good catch ;)

So my audio now works, tried what you suggested

On 16/06/2017 at 9:24 PM, Circaflex said:

Next, get Pulse

once that finishes type

Thanks Circaflex!