eBay hasn't paid me

I sold a high price item on eBay.

I shipped it out.

The buyer gave me a positive review saying: fast shipping, works as described.

This was two weeks ago and eBay still hasn't paid me yet.

eBay said that payment is being processed through Paypal.

I guess that there is even more wait time once the payment is in Paypal to sent it to my bank account.

Just now, Circaflex said:

OK....? Are you asking for advice or just posting to post? I don't understand.

I am asking for advice.

I am not a big eBay seller.

Just now, Mockingbird said:

I am asking for advice.

I am not a big eBay seller.

Well your post isn't clear, at all.

Call eBay and see why it is taking so long to have payment reach you or call paypal and see what the hold up is.

From what I understand from my experience, eBay doesn't have anything to do with you getting paid if the person checked out with Paypal.  The funds would be moved the the buyers Paypal to your Paypal.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim K said:

Good call, OP if you don't usually sell items and as you put it, sold a "high priced" item here are some reasons.

Your payments may be placed on hold in your pending PayPal balance because:

You’re a new seller with PayPal - It takes time to build history to demonstrate a pattern of positive buyer-seller transactions. By building a positive selling activity, your funds may become available immediately.

You have performance issues or a high rate of buyer dissatisfaction or disputes - The percentage of refunds, disputes, and chargebacks compared to sales on your PayPal account seller performance. Having performance issues increases the likelihood of received funds being temporarily unavailable.

The payment you received may be considered unusual for your selling pattern - You may be selling higher risk items such as tickets, gift cards, electronics, or travel packages. Unusual sales activity could also include a recent spike in sales, a change in average selling price, or a change in business model or type of item being sold. Also, if you had been selling on eBay but are now selling off eBay, this would be new activity.

You were previously an inactive seller-You may not have sold something for a while and you have now begun selling again.

You’ve been selling for a while but opened a new account-If you’re an established merchant, but opened a new account, that account will be eligible for holds until a good history is established.

Still, your best bet is to actually call Paypal, not use online support actually call and speak with someone. It always works out better with Paypal when dealing with their customer service to actually call them.

Ebay has various levels and conditions for payout speeds. If you are a new(ish) seller, payment can be delayed until you establish a solid history with them. Yes PayPal handles the money end but ebay also gives clearance to paypal under those aforementioned levels and conditions. One of the conditions is that until you are have $999+ positive sales, payment will always be delayed. You say 2 weeks and that is typical (was for me anyways when I was new seller. It NEVER took longer then 3 weeks though so you should expect to clear any day now. 

15 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

Ebay has various levels and conditions for payout speeds. If you are a new(ish) seller, payment can be delayed until you establish a solid history with them. Yes PayPal handles the money end but ebay also gives clearance to paypal under those aforementioned levels and conditions. One of the conditions is that until you are have $999+ positive sales, payment will always be delayed. You say 2 weeks and that is typical (was for me anyways when I was new seller. It NEVER took longer then 3 weeks though so you should expect to clear any day now. 

Uh I've never had a "delayed payment" from ebay and I only have 150 some positive reviews... heck ebay doesn't pay me, the customer does through paypal, ebay has nothing to do with the payment it's all 3rd party, check or paypal.... ebay has nothing to do with how paypal processes the payments

31 minutes ago, neufuse said:

Uh I've never had a "delayed payment" from ebay and I only have 150 some positive reviews... heck ebay doesn't pay me, the customer does through paypal, ebay has nothing to do with the payment it's all 3rd party, check or paypal.... ebay has nothing to do with how paypal processes the payments

No one has said Ebay pays you. They can however give the green light for paypal to go ahead with instant payment under certain conditions like the one i stated. This condition is for Canada, it may be different in other countries. If you want, I can get you the link/screen shot that says this right on ebays website site. 

I went ahead and got the newest terms and conditions for you: https://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/sr

It also seems they do update this quite often because up to about 1 year ago, I had under $999 in total sales and also was subject to the hold. Now it appears they lowered it to $250.

Edited by Rippleman

I'm guessing the guy paid by echeque, like any other cheque, you have to wait for it to clear, I wouldn't have posted the item until the payment had cleared.

28 minutes ago, SIE said:

I'm guessing the guy paid by echeque, like any other cheque, you have to wait for it to clear, I wouldn't have posted the item until the payment had cleared.

If he did I hope OP didn't ship the item yet :o But yeah this is a paypal thing not Ebay, even though Ebay owns them.

I've bought some things off ebay recently, I have noticed that Paypal doesn't take my money out for the seller until 2-3 weeks later, if that helps? This is in the UK

1 hour ago, Rippleman said:

No one has said Ebay pays you. They can however give the green light for paypal to go ahead with instant payment under certain conditions like the one i stated. This condition is for Canada, it may be different in other countries. If you want, I can get you the link/screen shot that says this right on ebays website site. 

I went ahead and got the newest terms and conditions for you: https://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/sr

It also seems they do update this quite often because up to about 1 year ago, I had under $999 in total sales and also was subject to the hold. Now it appears they lowered it to $250.

I'm only going by what the OP said which is in the USA and the title says "eBay hasn't paid me"

I'm only going by what the OP said which is in the USA and the title says "eBay hasn't paid me"

Some people do not know they are separate companies. Initially I was giving him a reason why his payment from an eBay sale was delayed. Just trying to help him. I am willing to bet that he meant to say "why hasn't my eBay sale payment gone through yet?"

If you look under the "Sold" section, it will show when funds for a particular auction will be available. I've been selling some old games on ebay recently and noticed this. I don't like it, but I'd sooner throw it in the trash than taken it to Gamestop.