OneDrive Info Requested

I have a acquired a new customer whom is a lawyer. He has one assistant and it is only two computers they have. Both machines have Windows 10 and OneDrive comes integrated as I have seen.

I have created a peer to peer network between both and they can see each other and have a share that works for both after testing.

Right now they both access their files thru OneDrive which has worked but they had a scare recently where the files were not showing and we thought were completely lost. Luckily all synced and are back after a day or so. I cant explain why this happened and creating a local peer network should not have messed with that.

Because of the scare though, what they want to do is have a local copy of all their important files in one folder in the main computer and create a share out of this folder. They will both work on the files locally and then they can be Synced to OneDrive. If they access OneDrive thru a phone or other device the changes made in OneDrive should sync back into the local share.

Does this make any sense? Have all the files local, both can access and make the changes needed and then these should all be synced into OneDrive and if changes are made in OneDrive then should be synced back locally also so everything is up to date.

Is any of the above possible?

I also told them to get an external backup disc and once a week make a full backup up the files in case of disaster, etc.