Could MS sell Windows

12 minutes ago, Dot Matrix said:

It would seem the majority of their products revolve around iOS and Android now. Windows 10 means nothing to them, or at least that's the image they put forward.

if you cant beat them....join them as they say.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dot Matrix said:

It would seem the majority of their products revolve around iOS and Android now. Windows 10 means nothing to them, or at least that's the image they put forward.

define majority...... because it is definitely not true, yes they make products cross compatible and some small things for iOS / android... but the majority of their sales are windows server / windows OS / office products and azure services......

Could Apple sell its phone business?

Could Google sell its search engine business?

Could Amazon sell its online shopping business?

21 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

Could Apple sell its phone business?

Could Google sell its search engine business?

Could Amazon sell its online shopping business?

Of course they could.

2 hours ago, xendrome said:

Of course they could.

just as Xenodrome & I could part own them when they do......sure its possible, but likely...heh no.

MS is still making money off of windows.  Consumer desktops are being sold with windows on it, that license is not free and the oems are paying for it.  Businesses were not offered the free upgrade to 10 (it was short lived for the oem pro licenses) and to get an enterprise license costs.  Don't worry about microsoft not making money off of consumers with windows 10, they do just fine with their other avenues of revenue.  If there are laptops and desktops, microsoft will continue to make money off of them.  It isn't as dead or dying as you think it is.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Sir Topham Hatt said:

It's a wonder Microsoft haven't pushed themselves on car manufacturers to supply computers in cars...

Yes, why not? I'd love to see a prompt every week that says I can't start my car until the software update has been downloaded and installed!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Topham Hatt said:

It's a wonder Microsoft haven't pushed themselves on car manufacturers to supply computers in cars...

They have.   BMW was using windows ce for their in car interface.  Microsoft sync is in ford and I am sure a Microsoft OS is behind that.  

they could sell their phone business though. However don't know how that would work as the OS isn't exactly open source/ available for other phones.

1 hour ago, Steven P. said:

Yes, why not? I'd love to see a prompt every week that says I can't start my car until the software update has been downloaded and installed!

I give your old, outdated joke, 2/10 warwagons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Draconian Guppy said:

they could sell their phone business though. However don't know how that would work as the OS isn't exactly open source/ available for other phones.

What phone business?

3 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

I meant, Phone OS :p 

What phone OS? They have a program that breaks phones ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Not very fond of windows phone  huh? 

I love Windows Phone. It's Windows Mobile (10) I can't stand after it pretty much destroyed my Lumia 1520. W10M did what years of Apple marketing couldn't - convinced me to try an iPhone.