A-Rod Trade Talks AGAIN!

Will The Trade HAppen This Time?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Trade HAppen This Time?

• Yes
    • No
    • Delay for another 2 months
    • Who Cares

when will it end? those trade talks between the rangers and red sox are resuming yet again? the trade talks will resume this weekend.... shhhheeesshhh guess A-Rod really wants out, or the red sox really want to beat the yankees.. *coughs yeah right* :cool: any comments?

when will it end? those trade talks between the rangers and red sox are resuming yet again? the trade talks will resume this weekend.... shhhheeesshhh guess A-Rod really wants out, or the red sox really want to beat the yankees.. *coughs yeah right* :cool: any comments?

I hope it works out. Although Boston is nuts if they let Nomar go.

Just saw the report on SC...shhh...the Rangers and Red Sox are meeting in secret about it and they dont want to attract media attention...um...I'm just guessing, this is only hypothetical, last time I checked ESPN was huge media attention.[/sarcasm]

this trade will eventually happen. may not be this season, but eventually arod will go to boston.

Never going to happen. There are no trade talks going on anymore this year, and there's no reason for it to happen ever. The salaries were way too different for it to go through. Sheesh...they had to try and get the union to make a special exception for it to happen. That's how far apart they were.

I think it's kinda low that sports teams are treated purely and simply as businesses. I mean - where's he sportsmanship off-field!?

I voted who cares :rolleyes:

Yeah dude; I think Nomar rocks; I mean A-Rod is like a franchise player x infinite; but Garciaparra can hold his own anyday.

If he can stay healthy

Man do I feel for Nomar. Just the other day there was a report that he was happy and had put all the trade stuff behind him. Now, they bring it up again. It better happen this time or he might be really ****ed. I would love to see him hit .407 with 30 HR, 145 RBI, 130 Runs, and toss in 55 steals with 7 saves and 2 wins pitching in relief.

What I also don't understand is why Tom Hicks actually wants money back in the deal. Well, the original deal atleast. I mean a Manny for A-Rod deal straight up saves the Rangers $5mil a year, plus the contract runs out sooner meaning they save even more in the long run. Hicks should be forced to pay off all his bad signings (Chan Ho Park...I mean seriously, what ever made him think Park was any good) until he learns his lesson.

Man do I feel for Nomar. Just the other day there was a report that he was happy and had put all the trade stuff behind him. Now, they bring it up again. It better happen this time or he might be really ****ed. I would love to see him hit .407 with 30 HR, 145 RBI, 130 Runs, and toss in 55 steals with 7 saves and 2 wins pitching in relief.

What I also don't understand is why Tom Hicks actually wants money back in the deal. Well, the original deal atleast. I mean a Manny for A-Rod deal straight up saves the Rangers $5mil a year, plus the contract runs out sooner meaning they save even more in the long run. Hicks should be forced to pay off all his bad signings (Chan Ho Park...I mean seriously, what ever made him think Park was any good) until he learns his lesson.

you might be legally retarded :woot:

You, sir, are a dumbass...

The real conspiracy revealed:

While the Manny-for-ARod deal was headlining December, the Patriots were putting together a 12-game winning streak in utter obscurity. Many of the players lashed out at the Boston sports media for ignoring them and some say it kept the fire burning against the weak end of the season (Jax/NYJ/Buffalo).

Now that the Pats are 7 point favs for XXXVIII, Pats head coach Bill Belichek has floated this rumor once again to 'fire up' his players.

While this is obviously total BS, I thought it was entertaining :)

Kim is trade-bait for spring training. The sox have a lot of pitching, especially in 'closer' type pitchers:

Kim

Williamson

Foulke

Embry

I predict BK Kim will not be on the opening day roster.

jesus people, he was joking.

Thank You.

To the others, I know he doesn't pitch and those numbers are unrealistic but I would like to see him have a monster year with the motivation he could get from all of this.

From the fine folks at www.dictionary.com

sar?casm P Pronunciation Key (s?rkzm)

n.

1) A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

2) A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

3) The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

Anyhow, as a Yankees fan I'm not sure how to feel about this. Bostons team last year was plain nasty* as far as offense goes. Manny and Nomar had quite a bit to do with that (Yes, i know Ortiz, Muller, Varitek also had something to do with it as well, but thats besides the point). Getting rid of those 2 for A-Rod might ruin things a bit for them which would be a good thing for me. Because with the bullpen problems gone and a much stronger pitching rotation combined with last years offense , they scare the hell out of me.

Nastyi> For those that might misinterpet the use of slang here, i ment it in the really f'ing good way and not the dictionary.com definition