Ready Player One Comic-Con Trailer - Steven Spielberg sci-fi movie (2018)

This book was so good, as soon as I finished it, I started over.

Some of the scenes in the trailer I easily recognized (battle scenes, the dance party of OASIS' co-founder, etc  - I just hope it doesnt suck.  

For those who haven't read it, and are between the ages of 18-25, you will love it.
For those who haven't read it and are between the ages of 30-40, you will love it while bringing back a huge chunk of your childhood.

A truly must read for any nerd/gamer.

So, I will say the same thing I did for The Last Jedi:   PLEASE DONT SUCK, PLEASE DONT SUCK, PLEASE DONT SUCK

On 23/07/2017 at 5:00 AM, T3X4S said:

This book was so good, as soon as I finished it, I started over.

Some of the scenes in the trailer I easily recognized (battle scenes, the dance party of OASIS' co-founder, etc  - I just hope it doesnt suck.  

For those who haven't read it, and are between the ages of 18-25, you will love it.
For those who haven't read it and are between the ages of 30-40, you will love it while bringing back a huge chunk of your childhood.

A truly must read for any nerd/gamer.

So, I will say the same thing I did for The Last Jedi:   PLEASE DONT SUCK, PLEASE DONT SUCK, PLEASE DONT SUCK

I listened to the audio book, and agree it was a great listen. I've only listened once but I know I'll go back to it at some point. I've been very excited for this to be turned into a movie since I first heard about it but that trailer didn't overly sell it to me. 

My bigger issue is the age old issue of every book turn movie in that things change and I don't see a reason for them.

Like we see clips of the woman pole dancing, the IoI virtually getting into a car etc. It's been a while but my take from the book was that you were pretty much still in a chair. I think there is a section in the book where Wade has a bit of money and buys himself a haptic chair etc.

Heck, the IoI appear to be taking part in a race, wasn't their sole existence to search for the clues to get the rights to Oasis? They wouldn't be wasting time on things like that.

I expect them to have to change too much due to licensing restrictions. I'll go see it regardless, and hopefully, I can enjoy what is out there without comparing with the book too much.

True - I can already see deviations from the book.  Iron Giant on the hilltop was actually a japanese early 80s giant robot .  If I remember correctly, it wasn't Iron Giant next to Parcival.
I hope copyright issues dont take it too far from the book.  A lot of people are claiming its Harley Quinn & Deadpool @ the entrance to Ogden's party - its actually Deathstroke, not Deadpool.

But you can see Gandalf, and the devil from that 80s Tom Cruise fantasy movie Legend is to the left of Gandalf (you can see his huge horns).

They better have Ultraman in it - thats all I'll say. :)

• 4 months later...