New phone for a 7y old

I haven't really followed smartphones in past years and I would need to buy new phone for my son. I thought 300€ would be max incase he loses it or something.

I't would have to have Android and I guess most important thing would be that it can run games well, for example Minecraft and Clash of Clans.

I thought about Samsung Galaxy J5 or Nokia 6, but not sure if those are good enough for games?

The two phones you listed should be able to run Minecraft and Clash of Clans just fine. 

How about the Nextbit Robin? It's cheaper than both and it has better specs. Downside is that there is no more warranty and customer support, but at that price it shouldn't be hard to replace. 

Clearly a first world problem on your hands... What 300 euro device should I give my 7 year old so they can play games ;) hehehee

I am one to talk, I gave my grand daughter my old ipad that when new was 700 plus dollars.. And more times than not she uses mine and my 3 year old grandson is playing with hers ;)   

Wouldn't a tablet be better option - does your 7 year old talk on the phone alot?  Why pay for the service of a phone, etc.  There are many many lower priced tablets that can be had - or upgrade yours and give them your hand me downs..

• Like 3