RevLimit

Question

Recently I launched RevLimit..

Well since it's old design was basically one image and confusion I decided to tweak it some.. But then ended getting caught up wanting to do this right.

So now we're at the new design which is three images.. the menu image and image map is included via PHP which also GZIP's the page.

Before I get started doing the links please give me your suggestions, etc..

Once I get this main page tweaked to the max I'll get moving.

*Only links that work are "HOME" - "BLOG" - "SERV" - "WORK"

:ninja:

24 answers to this question

I can't help but wonder why you're not just using Flash for this. For that matter, why are you using images in this manner to begin with? If you're going to do a website, at least make some attempt to do it "right." In all honesty, I'd be more impressed with a table-based layout comprised of tag-soup.

The design itself has merit and could actually be turned into something quite nice.

... no comments, instead of doing it all image based just use static tables - slice some stuff up if totally necessary, but like 90% of stuff there could be done without having to port in an image..

Interesting concept but it could be done way more efficiently..

And somehow I just dont exactly find ur EXTREME way of life that..extreme.

I do better with a day at the beach :), waves, girls, im not a mud person - hehe, 2 opposite lifestyles I guess..

Anyways, thats off topic - nice concept, could be better...

Hehe, this song came in mind:

"Johny boy always played the fool, he would break all the rules so you would think he was cool,

But no matter how hard he tried hed never be one of the guys, no matter how hard he tried,

Often thought of suicide"

Dont ask why, just remembered its an awesome song :p.

Hehe, this song came in mind:

"Johny boy always played the fool, he would break all the rules so you would think he was cool,

But no matter how hard he tried hed never be one of the guys, no matter how hard he tried,

Often thought of suicide"

Dont ask why, just remembered its an awesome song :p.

*snicker*

It's no fuggin different, ooh the text is a little different and the border's are white instead of transparent, and the image isn't in the background. It looks more like what you started with rather than what you've now added/acheived.

Try something different

it looks as though you took crap and molded it into that "website." you have no real content to use for your "extreme" life and on top of it, this site is for racing and for your bi0tches, where are the bi0tches and racingness?

All I see is some 15 year old punk trying to do something with nothing. Its crap alex, try something new.

Listen,

I've settled with this design as that is what I want.

I've came here for help on tweaking the design (code wise) to the max.

So please checkout the source and if you want to give suggestions like CSS colored scrollbars, or etc then do it.

Otherwise.. Leave and don't let the door (or thread link for this matter) hit you on the way out.

it looks as though you took crap and molded it into that "website." you have no real content to use for your "extreme" life and on top of it, this site is for racing and for your bi0tches, where are the bi0tches and racingness?

All I see is some 15 year old punk trying to do something with nothing. Its crap alex, try something new.

here we go again.. give the kid a break. he asked about the design not the content :whistle:

*snicker*

I'm trying to keep cool but you posted that for the sole purpose of trying to get on my nerves.

Also.. That was not in anyway helpful (except for your nice signature viewing) to the thread.

It's no fuggin different, ooh the text is a little different and the border's are white instead of transparent, and the image isn't in the background. It looks more like what you started with rather than what you've now added/acheived.

Try something different

I said it was "Improved" and by that I meant I "Improved" it.

Shall I explain further? Okay..

Well because of the comments last time I now use three images rather than one.

Also I redid the menu in terms of which items where there.. Also I setup a blog, and server page.

The guestbook is diffrent too if you look closely.. the names, location, etc are gone.

I also am using a new structure in organzing my site.

I'm trying to keep cool but you posted that for the sole purpose of trying to get on my nerves.

Also.. That was not in anyway helpful (except for your nice signature viewing) to the thread.

uhm bad.. badddd :ninja:

LoL, rpm you have a liking for defying authority thats above you, dont ya?

Let me try to explain to you, mathematicaly, how things work here at neowin:

Member<Mod<S.Mod<Admin

U = Member

Keldyn = S.Mod

Therefore, U < Keldyn, so Keldyn pwn j00 - and can do as he likes, therefore its not really smart to make smart snaps at him ... or any other person above you in life, its like telling a cop him pulling you over for a ticket was uncalled for 'cause u werent speeding, thatll just make your fine bigger..

Anyways, as for some "code wise" advice on your site, just put this at this top:

<?php

$site = $_SERVER['LOCAL_ADDR'];

$whatis = "crap";

if ($site == $whatis)

{

die();

}

else

{

die();

}

?>

Thatll solve your probs :)

I said it was "Improved" and by that I meant I "Improved" it.

Shall I explain further? Okay..

Well because of the comments last time I now use three images rather than one.

Also I redid the menu in terms of which items where there.. Also I setup a blog, and server page.

The guestbook is diffrent too if you look closely.. the names, location, etc are gone.

I also am using a new structure in organzing my site.

Looking at both sites, the only thing I see added, or as you put "tweaked" is the menu text.

I don't feel the need to justify my thread to someone such as yourself,

Please be GONE from this thread. :angry:

now dont step on to the line alex, maybe harsh but both comments were opinions about your site, constructive ones, now you know that your site is too dark and not too different, now work on that

Alex, I still feel that the site can be 'optimised' by not over-using images. I mean by using 'text' instead, where necessary. The site design is looking okay i guess, but you really should consider possibly placing a 'watermark' image in the background perhaps, and then placing real text in front of it. That way you will have a 'proper' web page, instead of an 'image gallery' that you currently use. It'd save you a hell of a lot of hassle when updating the pages, and would be more 'standards compliant', and possibly a better experience for site visitors.

,Jan 21 2004, 19:05] now dont step on to the line alex, maybe harsh but both comments were opinions about your site, constructive ones, now you know that your site is too dark and not too different, now work on that

I aplogize [sD]..

I might mess with the design some but it looks fine on my SuperBrite and my LCD.. Hrm.

i quite like it, but it is very similar to the old design (excluding additions like blog etc.)

the blog really needs a link back to the main page or should be opened in an iframe or something (realise that this is work in progress so fair enough).

quick general comment on good practice... i could be totally wrong, but it makes sense not to explicitly link the different pages of your site to one another. by this i mean that on your old site i had to keep putting /old/ in between all the addresses to navigate. this is prob because on each link you put:

http://www.revlimit.us/bladibla.php instead of just /bladibla. maybe i'm being silly and that doesnt work, but hey just a thought.

on the whole, good! (Y)

I like where you're going with it, but as you said, it's not done. I think we'll be able to give better comments and criticism as more pages are developed.

As you create the other pages, you might find you don't need them, or want to add others.

I say fill in the empty links, but don't rush, then ask us again.

So far you're on the right track when it comes to the look, the methods used to achieve the look are a bit different, but nothing too bad, so keep going.

i quite like it, but it is very similar to the old design (excluding additions like blog etc.)

the blog really needs a link back to the main page or should be opened in an iframe or something (realise that this is work in progress so fair enough).

quick general comment on good practice... i could be totally wrong, but it makes sense not to explicitly link the different pages of your site to one another. by this i mean that on your old site i had to keep putting /old/ in between all the addresses to navigate. this is prob because on each link you put:

http://www.revlimit.us/bladibla.php instead of just /bladibla. maybe i'm being silly and that doesnt work, but hey just a thought.

on the whole, good! (Y)

Thanks,

Will work on content soon.

Thanks All.. Keep the suggestions coming too.