my redesigned site

Question

11 answers to this question

e107 is a great portal system, but it looks far too over crowded - perhaps a lighter colour, blues would really make it more attractive. I'm a big fan of the default colour over at e107.org, although they could do with removing some of their menu's and just run it two column instead of three.

Just my 2c's - great portal, poor colours.

My only negative comment is regarding the huge bevel around the inner page. I just think it looks too dark and too heavy for the rest of the page.

Personally, I'd remove the bevel entirely and go for a flat curve with a non-grey colour, to add a bit of contrast. (Looking at it again, I think one of the blues from the horizontal bars you have would look good and would stop the bars looking out of place.)

I kinda like the bevel as well. It maybe could be toned down a bit to not appear as bulky ;) I think if you're going to stick with that rounded corner in the upper left you should round the ends of the bars as well. I also noticed that the right side is fixed and the center part expands in the browser so maybe make that the same color as the top section to close it off to make the bar transition on the right a little less noticeable. Attatched is a quick mock up of the left side with different colors, a rounded bar with a light drop shadow and a slight drop shadow to the top image to give you a visual.

My $.02 :)

~Peace

DC

post-31-1074700651.jpg