NCAA College Football Recruiting

Anyone follow college football recruiting?

I follow recruiting for Nebraska, but I find it very interesting to see how talent is evaluated and ultimately how a recruit picks a school. Its definetely something I enjoy as it helps time pass until next fall.

Well, I don't really follow it but I am involved in it. I work with the academic side of football here at my university and I am the guy who prepares the chart that says whether or not a recruit has good or bad test and GPA scores. It's interesting to see the level of smarts these up and coming players do and don't have. Many of the scores suprise me as far as the range goes with ACT's and SAT's. Some are so low you wonder how kids like them made it through middle school and it's a plain miracle they made it through H.S. But, if you think back to your H.S. days, I am sure you can remember those kids that got passed because they were who they were. Bad background, talented athlete, whatever the case may be, they got passed. I enjoy my job very much but it's disheartening sometimes to see the real mindset of most players and what they're actually capable of doing on paper.

i try to follow michigan's recruiting as much as possible. i'm also glad that edwards and jackson are staying for their senior years. i'm also glad that no michigan underclassmen declared for the draft.

i try to follow michigan's recruiting as much as possible. i'm also glad that edwards and jackson are staying for their senior years. i'm also glad that no michigan underclassmen declared for the draft.

Same here, Derrick Johnson was a Butkus Award finalist this year and has to be the favorite to win it next year. And then the return of Cedric Benson will boast possibly the best 1-2 punch of quarterback/running back rushing offence next year with Vincent Young.

hehe, so you're a texas fan? sorry, but i don't think anything good is gonna happen to you guys as long as mack is coach. you guys have the rep for being the most overrated team of the decade.

I follow Florida's recruiting pretty close as well. It looks like another solid year for recruit commitments, although with another 8-5 season, that kind of success will come to an abrupt stop. I haven't had time in the past week or two to read up on signings/orals so I will get back to you on that. But, it looks like the secondary problem might be temporarily fixed :)

Nebraska has had a hard time recruiting this year, through no fault but its own. The firing of Solich really hurt recruiting, but more importantly, the month and a half with no coach hurt us the most. NU had several people that wanted to commit but the Univ wouldn't let them without a coach. Now Callahan and his newly created staff have to work feverishly to salvage anything of a class. More than anything, we just need some decent warm bodies to fill out this class. Callahan was given the reigns in a VERY difficult time, but he has done and admirable job just getting recruits to even consider us.

I'm hoping NU can fill at least an average class this year, and that NU can really benefit from a full year of recruiting next year under Callahan and his talented recruiting staff.

following recruting is definitely the only thing i can do to keep myself occupied from the end of the bowl season until signing day... then i just have to look forward to the spring game, and all the other news...

i just hope there's enough information (and misinformation) around between now and next fall to keep me occupied :)

hehe, so you're a texas fan? sorry, but i don't think anything good is gonna happen to you guys as long as mack is coach. you guys have the rep for being the most overrated team of the decade.

Yea, I was born in Austin, and live 10 miles from UT-Memorial Stadium...Your probably right, but at least we have the reasurrance that our 2 best players are returning. As for everything else...I have no idea...

I follow recruiting...I'm an Auburn fan, so mainly Auburn recruiting I guess.

I hear Texas is still in the running for Xavier Lee's signature...and yeah, recruiting is about all Mack Brown does with his talent. :p

Nebraska has had a hard time recruiting this year, through no fault but its own. The firing of Solich really hurt recruiting, but more importantly, the month and a half with no coach hurt us the most. NU had several people that wanted to commit but the Univ wouldn't let them without a coach. Now Callahan and his newly created staff have to work feverishly to salvage anything of a class. More than anything, we just need some decent warm bodies to fill out this class. Callahan was given the reigns in a VERY difficult time, but he has done and admirable job just getting recruits to even consider us.

I'm hoping NU can fill at least an average class this year, and that NU can really benefit from a full year of recruiting next year under Callahan and his talented recruiting staff.

I just read today that you guys picked up a lineman from MN. Cant remember if he's offensive or defensive, but he's apparently good!

I just read today that you guys picked up a lineman from MN. Cant remember if he's offensive or defensive, but he's apparently good!

We did actually...which is finally helping in recruiting. His name is Lydon Murtha. Lemming's #1 rated OL prospect. Needless to say, he's a welcome addition to NU. :yes: