Windows 10 Audio Broken

Hello Readers,

I've only began to have problems with my audio on my Asus/Windows 10 laptop. The name of my audio is Realtek. The audio on my laptop had always been decent until recently I starting messing around with screen recorders. The problem happened while I was using Icecream Screen Recorder, which I believe is the cause of this problem. The recorder was NOT recording audio, even though it had a setting for audio and everything, so I went into sound, moved a few things and then my problems with the sound started. I have tried many different things to get my audio back to it's original volume, but nothings worked. I event went back into Icecream and reset the audio settings and it still didn't work. Now when I try to watch videos on YouTube, even at 100, it sounds like it's at 5-10. The same thing happens with any other audio file, be it one of my own on my laptop, or other websites. While listening to music on YouTube, the audio also gives off a strange, echo-y sound. I want to know if anybody else has experienced a problem like this.

Please help,

AnnoyedWindowsUser

19 hours ago, AnnoyedWindowsUser said:

Hello Readers,

I've only began to have problems with my audio on my Asus/Windows 10 laptop. The name of my audio is Realtek. The audio on my laptop had always been decent until recently I starting messing around with screen recorders. The problem happened while I was using Icecream Screen Recorder, which I believe is the cause of this problem. The recorder was NOT recording audio, even though it had a setting for audio and everything, so I went into sound, moved a few things and then my problems with the sound started. I have tried many different things to get my audio back to it's original volume, but nothings worked. I event went back into Icecream and reset the audio settings and it still didn't work. Now when I try to watch videos on YouTube, even at 100, it sounds like it's at 5-10. The same thing happens with any other audio file, be it one of my own on my laptop, or other websites. While listening to music on YouTube, the audio also gives off a strange, echo-y sound. I want to know if anybody else has experienced a problem like this.

Please help,

AnnoyedWindowsUser

Realtek codecs (depending on which one) have been problematical in Windows period - it's not unique to 10; the issue is that Realtek is not swift enough on updating the codec drivers they send to Microsoft (or OEMs, for that matter - this includes ASUS, MSI, and others).  The issue also applies to their network drivers (victims include all the victims I previously named, plus nVidia and HP).  I've gotten bit myself - I have an ASUS i3-driven notebook that is the newest of my Insider notebooks, and like yours, it uses a Realtek audio codec.  Start your search at the ASUS homepage for the US (http://usa.asus.com), then go to the support subsection, and input the model of your notebook.

19 hours ago, AnnoyedWindowsUser said:

Hello Readers,

Please help,

AnnoyedWindowsUser

Hi, i sugest you to run dxdiag, save log and send by mail to mediaq @ microsoft .com with the text you posted here.

8 hours ago, PGHammer said:

Realtek codecs (depending on which one) have been problematical in Windows period - it's not unique to 10; the issue is that Realtek is not swift enough on updating the codec drivers they send to Microsoft (or OEMs, for that matter - this includes ASUS, MSI, and others).  The issue also applies to their network drivers (victims include all the victims I previously named, plus nVidia and HP).  I've gotten bit myself - I have an ASUS i3-driven notebook that is the newest of my Insider notebooks, and like yours, it uses a Realtek audio codec.  Start your search at the ASUS homepage for the US (http://usa.asus.com), then go to the support subsection, and input the model of your notebook.

With Realtek it's usually more effective to just go straight to Realteks official drivers.  They recommend you stick with the OEMs, but not all OEMs keep them updated enough that that's a good option.

Hello,

Have you considered uninstalling the screen recording software, then reinstalling the Realtek audio codec?  They can be downloaded from Realtek's web site at http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsCheck.aspx.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky