A site about colors and compression

Question

I found a site somewhere, I don't remember where it was so this is where you can help me. It was a site about different compression techniques and how colors are perceived by our eyes. It was a subpage of a video game site, and I am pretty sure the main page had a naked lady or something since it was blocked on filters. Please help.

5 answers to this question

I take it you mean splitting the image into constituent RGB parts?

open your image in photoshop, goto image/adjustments/channel mixer.

select blue & green output channels, zero their respective source channels to get a red image.

select blue & red output channels, zero their respective source channels to get a green image.

select red & green output channels, zero their respective source channels to get a blue image.

There is probably a quicker way of doing it using the channels palette mind.

You can reduce the resolution using filter/pixelate/mosaic

as for combining the parts... not quite sure :rolleyes:

you have to separate each part, i.e you need 4 different files, one for each colour, and one for the whole image

in blending options you can chose the transparecy of each layer to get the desired effect of recombining the image.

[edit]

just tried that and couldn't get the image's original colour, it has something to do with the transparecy I was talking about. I blurred the blue in this picture.

[/edit]

post-7-1074737446.jpg

Edited by eastman