Which Web host

Hello Guys,

It's been a while since I posted. Hope you all are well:) I need to start a new wordpress website and I am looking for places to host it. I am in UK. For the wordpress website which host is better Siteground or Hostgator?

I am looking for top level support and services. Also I cannot find any decent host in UK which can match US counterparts. Whats your thoughts on it which one I should go for?

I run a small web host in the UK, we focus on providing a personal touch and have a great relationship with our clients - you can expect great support from us. What specs are you looking for exactly? I'm happy to offer your first month free to try us (same offer applies to any Neowin members). PM if interested, can also send reviews.

Avoid HostGator at all costs, they're absolutely terrible. Had couple of sites hosted with them in the past and got only bad support, every two weeks downtime, and the list goes on. HostGator is part of Endurance International Group so check their wikipedia page before choosing a different hosting provider.

https://www.crocweb.com/ is great, fast support, no downtime no bs, never had a issue.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 3:15 PM, Copernic said:

Avoid HostGator at all costs, they're absolutely terrible. Had couple of sites hosted with them in the past and got only bad support, every two weeks downtime, and the list goes on. HostGator is part of Endurance International Group so check their wikipedia page before choosing a different hosting provider.

https://www.crocweb.com/ is great, fast support, no downtime no bs, never had a issue.

Wow... that was an eye-opener. I've been using Site5 for years now and had no idea they were part of that group. It explains quite a bit.

1. This should probably be in the Web Design forum?

https://www.neowin.net/forum/forum/46-web-design-programming/

2. Why do you want UK? Finding a good host is more important than their country of origin IMO. If it is speed, you should test it. Most of the time your web site will be faster using a good host on the other side of Planet Earth than a bad host locally. Good hosts should be located on a nexus point, so knowing the exact location of your host's server farms is critical in making an informed decision

A while ago, I made up a demo of this principle by serving up the same demo from a host in Switzerland and a host in Dallas, Texas (a MAJOR Nexus) and  then showing people in Europe that the Texas host was much faster.

3. For geolocation issues, a CDN can also be important and using a CDN can be part of a hosting package or else a separate provisioning issue.