[Official] The Orville

On 08/02/2022 at 17:26, Steven P. said:

The kids are still there so it probably only jumps a year or two in the timeline.

I don't think it's even that far.... That snippet is clearly that kid having a nightmare and that kind of nightmare tends to happen right after the triggering trauma...

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's looking to be a good season.

• Like 2

On 13/05/2022 at 09:54, primortal said:

It's looking to be a good season.

"Definitely worth the wait"

By the look of that trailer....YUP!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I finally caught the new episode and I am really impressed, it's been away for three years but it was like climbing back into your own bed again, or that spot on the couch. Personally I remembered how much it was like Voyager in that every episode had you thinking for a little bit after it ends, like inviting you to pass judgment too as if you're part of the crew, and I definitely got that feeling again.

Great opene, I was worried

Spoiler

the whole episode was going to be in space dock, but I was not disappointed!

I am struggling to understand the need for the single seater ship though? It doesn't even look big enough to be carrying any serious weaponry? 

With the exception of some slow paced scenes & choosing to combat test an experimental fighter within a dockyard rather than a test range it was an incredible episode. The new science lab looks a bit iffy but apart from that all the other set & wardrobe changes I think are an improvement

On 03/06/2022 at 02:40, Son_Of_Dad said:

choosing to combat test an experimental fighter within a dockyard rather than a test range 

Yeah I thought that was super weird and dangerous!

Absolutely loved it! Sure, it's not perfect, but it's soooo much better than anything else right now and really brightened my mood after Kenobi threw it in the toilet... :p

On 03/06/2022 at 19:26, FloatingFatMan said:

Sure, it's not perfect, but it's soooo much better than anything else right now

That much is certain!

On 03/06/2022 at 10:50, Steven P. said:

Yeah I thought that was super weird and dangerous!

I bet it was cost saving on CGI.  They had that whole thing already made so they just used it instead of making a new area specifically for the test.

On 04/06/2022 at 06:02, George P said:

I bet it was cost saving on CGI.  They had that whole thing already made so they just used it instead of making a new area specifically for the test.

All they required was a starfield though because you would surely test new weapons.....in an open area

On 08/06/2022 at 17:04, Son_Of_Dad said:

All they required was a starfield though because you would surely test new weapons.....in an open area

They might have also wanted to make it look flashy.  Whatever works.  

I also like that they are drifting away from the silly jokes and the comedy and getting serious. This is great Star Trek stuff man. It's an awesome show.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/06/2022 at 23:01, Steven P. said:

I almost choked on my beer laughing at Bortis gagging after Gordons double Helix maneuver 😛 😂

Agreed!  This kind of humour is sooo much better than the obvious jokes from season 1.

• 1 month later...
On 30/07/2022 at 00:00, Jim K said:

...that was quite the episode.....

Best episode they've made so far, by far.  In fact, it's the best episode of "Trek" I've seen in many a long year...

They've really stepped up the quality, not that there was anything wrong with the previous seasons. I really hope  we get another season.

• Like 3

On 30/07/2022 at 08:58, Steven P. said:

They've really stepped up the quality, not that there was anything wrong with the previous seasons. I really hope  we get another season.

Any TV exec not signing YES!YES!YES! on this show is clearly a twit.

• Like 2

Solid season finale...almost felt like a series finale (no cliffhangers) which hopefully it is not.

On 05/08/2022 at 13:21, Jim K said:

Solid season finale...almost felt like a series finale (no cliffhangers) which hopefully it is not.

Yeah, it better not be ending man. Was nice to see Alara again.

• Like 2