Game suggestions?

I need a new gaming fix. Anyone have suggestions? I'm a huge fan of the original Dungeon Siege as well as Diablo 1/2/3 and Torchlight. I also like fps games but I am looking for a fun fantasy themed game in the vein of Dungeon Siege.

16 minutes ago, upnorth said:

Yeah I got one and even if it's old and I played it many times over the years I still love it...

I loved that game! I had it back in the day. I actually saw that Origin I think it was had it available for free and I tried it but couldn't get it to run.

Doom 2016, The Witcher series? My favorite go back to game is Dying Light, they have just released new DLC (free) that makes me want to play the game all over again!

10 hours ago, patseguin said:

I loved that game! I had it back in the day. I actually saw that Origin I think it was had it available for free and I tried it but couldn't get it to run.

Also saw it recently on Origin and checked again and couldn't help myself buy it because it's just 6 bucks. :woot: Had no problems run it. Another real oldschool epic game that I just have to mention is Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2. 

:heart:

Take a look at Hob, made by the guys that made Torchlight, I've just bought this and am very impressed and would recommend it highly, very addictive. I would say its a cross between a platformer, diablo/torchlight with a puzzler added in for good measure.

https://www.runicgames.com/hob/

And here's a gameplay video: 

Can be played using mouse and keyboard, but a controller is highly recommended.

I have to revert my statement about that Nox works. For some it does after a few compatible edits on the game.exe and Nox.exe but for many it dosen't help no matter what. I'll ofcourse try other possible solutions but in the end it's just 6 bucks. 

sz2cmxwg_o.gif

18 hours ago, upnorth said:

Also saw it recently on Origin and checked again and couldn't help myself buy it because it's just 6 bucks. :woot: Had no problems run it. Another real oldschool epic game that I just have to mention is Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2. 

:heart:

if you love DKII check War for the overworld, its most of DK2s dev crew.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230190/War_for_the_Overworld/

On 9/29/2017 at 11:02 AM, patseguin said:

I need a new gaming fix. Anyone have suggestions? I'm a huge fan of the original Dungeon Siege as well as Diablo 1/2/3 and Torchlight. I also like fps games but I am looking for a fun fantasy themed game in the vein of Dungeon Siege.

I suggest Divintiy Original Sin EE and Divinity Original Sin II.

Excellent rpg's. The first one can be picked up relatively cheap I think but the second one just came out a week or two ago so it's gonna be a bit more expensive, but even at full price it's only $45. Don't let that fool you though, they games are top quality games.

As far as ARP's go I'd suggest Grim Dawn. It's heavily inspired by Diablo II and it also has a new expansion coming out in a few weeks, around mid October if I remember right.

All of these games can be picked up on Steam or GoG if you want to go the DRM free rout.

Edited by trag3dy

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:46 PM, trag3dy said:

I suggest Divintiy Original Sin EE and Divinity Original Sin II.

Excellent rpg's. The first one can be picked up relatively cheap I think but the second one just came out a week or two ago so it's gonna be a bit more expensive, but even at full price it's only $45. Don't let that fool you though, they games are top quality games.

As far as ARP's go I'd suggest Grim Dawn. It's heavily inspired by Diablo II and it also has a new expansion coming out in a few weeks, around mid October if I remember right.

All of these games can be picked up on Steam or GoG if you want to go the DRM free rout.

I got Divinity II yesterday and boy is it great! The whole UI and graphics are just stunning. The turn based combat is the hardest part for me to understand though. I selected the easiest setting because in my old age I'm not as good at games anymore haha. Still though, I am in the very beginning on one of the first missions to go kill a few crocodiles. They've easily beaten me 4-5 times so far. I still prefer real time combat over turn based but I'm still going to play this game, love it so far.

I wonder why nobody makes a simple, fun, arpg in the vein of Dungeon Siege anymore. The last one that I really adored was Titan Quest.

3 hours ago, patseguin said:

I got Divinity II yesterday and boy is it great! The whole UI and graphics are just stunning. The turn based combat is the hardest part for me to understand though. I selected the easiest setting because in my old age I'm not as good at games anymore haha. Still though, I am in the very beginning on one of the first missions to go kill a few crocodiles. They've easily beaten me 4-5 times so far. I still prefer real time combat over turn based but I'm still going to play this game, love it so far.

I wonder why nobody makes a simple, fun, arpg in the vein of Dungeon Siege anymore. The last one that I really adored was Titan Quest.

Grim Dawn, the other game I mentioned is made by the same people who made Titan Quest. It's probably a little more complex than those older games but can be played casually and there is plenty of content to keep you busy for a long time.

And yeah, the Divinity games can be tough. The best advice I can give you is to get a dedicated healer asap and take your time to think about how you want to attack. The important thing is you don't have to just run face first into every battle. You can set up the battlefield how you want, throw some explosive barrels in from of enemies, bait them into a trap where your set up in a defensive position so they have to come to you wasting their turns on moving and you can use yours on attacking.

That's really the best I can do right now because I haven't actually played it yet. I'm still finishing my last play through of the first Original Sin.

On 01/10/2017 at 5:34 PM, upnorth said:

XpbS8D5y_o.gif

Thanks!

its as good if not better than DK titles :D hold fire on all its DLC though, its always in the sales.

Got Hob the other day too. Really incredible game, played it for like hours 4 last night.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 3:28 PM, patseguin said:

Strange it runs fine on my computer. I have the gog version though so maybe gog patched something like they often do.

Nox was a pretty good game and a very underrated one. I had it too and had lot of fun playing it back in the days.

Dungeon Siege is one of my favorite games ever, I'd love to see another game like that. I am trying to play Divinity 2, The visuals are terrific and I could even get used to the turn based combat. However what is keeping me from playing is that when I get a quest, nothing tells me where to go. the one quest I did manage to finish just ended and I wasn't directed where to return to turn it on.

On a side note, seemingly after upgrading to the fall creators update and the needed NVidia drivers, Hob will no longer run and give me some Vulcan error messages.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pat, dont know if your still looking for something, but i picked this up at G2A for £9 

The Long Dark

Single player survival game set in artic conditions.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/09/2017 at 2:02 PM, patseguin said:

Are you playing Hob ? the next game from the developer of torchlight? (which apparently was recently shut down by their Chinese publisher)

I am likely to play it soon. it looks very good.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:46 AM, Jimmy #1 said:

Are you playing Hob ? the next game from the developer of torchlight? (which apparently was recently shut down by their Chinese publisher)

I am likely to play it soon. it looks very good.

Yeah, I played hours and hours of Hob. Super good game. I ended up running into problems getting it to run and got no support. Then I read that the studio that developed it went under and it wouldn't be supported anymore. That was really my kind of game though. I really miss the type of game like the original Dungeon Siege.