installed a crucial ssd on my imac Trim is disabled ,should i enable it?

hi

i got an imac (2 years old) from my girlfriend

i upgrade from hard disk to ssd

i bought a Crucial BX300 480GB SATA 2.5-inch 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal SSD

i have noticed that trim is disabled

seeing on all my windows trim is always enabled

my osx operation system is sierra 10.12.6

should i enable it?

thanks

1 hour ago, Mockingbird said:

Use the "trimforce" command

hi

is there a good choice?

i have several hard disk ntfs (windows filesystem )  with music & photos connected

may  i ask you 2 questions?

1) does trimforce enable trim for my external hard disk ?

2) may i know how can i avoid to mount all my external hard disk during the  boot ? and how can mount these hard disks when i want when i use my imac  (not at boot)  ? i keep on i don't want to unplug and re-plug just if there is a command or script to mount them when i'm using my mac

my external hard  disks , come from windows , i have ripped several cds ,i have photos

thank you so much, appreciate your help

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, drugo said:

hi

and if i want to mount 1 disk ,should i use the terminal? how?

thanks

Hello, I am visiting for another month or so, so I do not have my mac with me.  Sorry.  Going by memory I BELIEVE you can go into disk utility and mount it when you need it.  I believe you can see the disk and you just right click and mount or something like that.  

I have a partition on a passport usb drive I have set up not to mount and I just go into diskutility and mount it when needed.

You CAN also do a command line mount.  It you set it up to not mount on reboot it should still not mount when rebooting.

https://muaca.blogspot.com/2017/09/mountunmount-external-drives-through.html

Edited by chingon

4 hours ago, chingon said:

Hello, I am visiting for another month or so, so I do not have my mac with me.  Sorry.  Going by memory I BELIEVE you can go into disk utility and mount it when you need it.  I believe you can see the disk and you just right click and mount or something like that.  

I have a partition on a passport usb drive I have set up not to mount and I just go into diskutility and mount it when needed.

You CAN also do a command line mount.  It you set it up to not mount on reboot it should still not mount when rebooting.

https://muaca.blogspot.com/2017/09/mountunmount-external-drives-through.html

hi thanks Chingon  , appreciate it a lot