which TV is better? samsung or toshiba?

After searching, I liked both these models with the same price around 375 USD

Toshiba 49U7750EE 

samsung UA40KU7000RXUM

My first priority is not screen size rather than the quality, specially of text display of my HDMI plugged laptop.

which would you recommend?

Trouble is, you're comparing a 49 inch with a 40, on identical screen size, there are arguments for both as a positive, I myself, prefer Panasonic,

For the sake of your scenario, I find myself leaning a little more towards the Sammy, as in the past, less than 2k and 2k tv screens used as a monitor or second screen usually blurs edges, so in theory the smaller screen would be less noticeable....
I've not tried a 4k tv as a monitor, so cannot say for sure though, so I would recommend waiting for another opinion

(At the very least, I'll hope to generate some traffic towards this thread, to help out)

id say the sammy also. 

4K tvs are ok for occasional use of pc input but not all the time. Fine for using when gaming etc.

why occasional use?

I have xbox 360, think no 4!!!!! PC, neither.

If there is no difference between 4K, FHD, then no need to invest more money

• 9 months later...
On 10/14/2017 at 7:13 PM, medhunter said:

why occasional use?

I have xbox 360, think no 4!!!!! PC, neither.

If there is no difference between 4K, FHD, then no need to invest more money

In my case, the PC doesn't figure, either (for the reason that it can't drive a 4K display).  It CAN drive a 1080p display (which it does by default) - and naturally a 4K display can drop to 1080p if properly designed  - which is the case for both candidates).  Here are the features that are of importance, in no particular order.

1.  HDR support is mandatory for at least one HDMI input.

2.  4K is also mandatory for the input that supports HDR.  (The reason why is because while I don't own a console currently, I don't plan on staying console-free.)

3.  Support for multiple HDMI inputs is a must. (No TV in the house supports fewer than two HDMI inputs - and most support three; why should I take it on the chin today?)

For those reasons, the finals are down to Samsung's 40" M6 AND M7 series (depending on local sales) and the new Toshiba 43" FireTV Edition (the Toshiba has the larger screen size and the Fire interface that I prefer, along with checking all the checkboxes - and at a lower price tag than even the 40" Samsung M6, let alone the occaisional 40" M7 on sale).

1 hour ago, PGHammer said:

In my case, the PC doesn't figure, either (for the reason that it can't drive a 4K display).  It CAN drive a 1080p display (which it does by default) - and naturally a 4K display can drop to 1080p if properly designed  - which is the case for both candidates).  Here are the features that are of importance, in no particular order.

1.  HDR support is mandatory for at least one HDMI input.

2.  4K is also mandatory for the input that supports HDR.  (The reason why is because while I don't own a console currently, I don't plan on staying console-free.)

3.  Support for multiple HDMI inputs is a must. (No TV in the house supports fewer than two HDMI inputs - and most support three; why should I take it on the chin today?)

For those reasons, the finals are down to Samsung's 40" M6 AND M7 series (depending on local sales) and the new Toshiba 43" FireTV Edition (the Toshiba has the larger screen size and the Fire interface that I prefer, along with checking all the checkboxes - and at a lower price tag than even the 40" Samsung M6, let alone the occaisional 40" M7 on sale).

Um, you know this a year-old thread, right? OP hasnt replied since then. So I take he made up his mind.

21 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Um, you know this a year-old thread, right? OP hasnt replied since then. So I take he made up his mind.

You never know man.. it took me three years.. lol