1 gig Internet?

Gig connections are for anyone that wants them!  And yes it should be available everywhere... The US is so far behind the rest of the world in connection speed..  10th I think while South Korea has average connection speed of 28Mbps.. Us is only 18 which has gone up quite a bit actually.

Lets be clear his wifi in its current setup can not leverage internet because he has limited AP and how they are connected to his network... His orbi setup is mesh and while it uses the 3rd band for the wireless uplink.. This can be limiting factor..  Which then goes to his router that has internet via wifi... And to be honest not sure what the max capabilities of such designed for home users plug it in forget, look pretty on a table can do.. It doesn't support vlans.. They list 223Mbps on their own page compared to the competition.. So guessing they didn't design it to be able to leverage gig even if the other AP were wired to the network, etc.   Because that is not their market.. There market is oh that looks pretty, oh you just plug it in on the table in the sunroom/guestroom/playroom and wifi will be better there.

A correct setup with clients that use and leverage some decent speeds and sure you could use gig pipe via wifi.. Part of the reason for 802.3bz which allows for 2.5 and 5gbps connection over existing cable is AP that have multiple channels and can support multiple simultaneous clients via mu-mimo... While before AP could only be sending data to 1 client at a time, etc.  So this drastically increase the bandwidth available to the clients of that AP.. To the point that the 1 gig connection AP has to the network if there is enough clients connected to it could be a bottleneck..

So I have 3 AP all wired to the network at gig, they do not even support mu-mimo since they not wave 2, etc..  But even at 240mbps per test on my ipad.. Could exceed my 500mbps connection with connections to each AP doing that..  So my ipad, my rokustick in kitchen tv, the rokustick in the guestroom tv.. They are say streaming some video from internet.. And they are capable of pulling 200mbps - well that exceeds my 500..

wifitest.thumb.png.5eeadfd1a496c7ebf39786292350fe6e.png

A houses wifi can for sure use up gig.. Depends on the type and number APs in use, the number of clients and what they are doing, etc. etc.   There is no clients or AP currently that a "single" client could use it up all by itself..

If the OP wants to work his wifi so he could use up the gig - that is actually very simple to do.. Your just not really going to do it with that off the shelf look pretty but not really do anything sort of wifi setup ;)   While you can add more sats to the setup with orbi.. And they leverage 3rd band... Even if you have multiple downstream satellite AP.. The router that is connected to them via wifi is sharing that 3rd band to them, etc.  So no I don't think even if he turned on all his wifi devices at the same time downloading stuff could he saturate a gig connection.  Even though the orbi benchmark I looked at can route wan/lan in the 900's...  So if he wired a couple of AP it then sure he could suck up the gig internet pipe.

While mesh allows for easy placement of AP coverage and even allows for multiple hops via wifi to get to the router.. There bottlenecks here that can can be limiting.

mesh.thumb.png.db8cb8d0619e3dfc96f72dcb2e405126.png

So the 3 AP to the router, that is all shared bandwidth.. Now maybe that is mu-mimo you would hope..  But its a limiting factor that can currently is not going to use up gig..  If you have have multi hop to get to an AP then that connection to the router would be limiting factor for all clients connected to the AP closest to the router and all the clients on the farther downstream AP, etc..  

But if you wire those AP...  And the clients actually use the available bandwidth then yeah you can suck up a gig really quick!!

wired.thumb.png.f4f8e1865ef6d1f8fa66e4ffbe066312.png

So you could quickly see that your 1 gig internet could become the bottleneck very quickly via only wifi clients.. Even if your only talking 200mbps on those clients..

Ok, i have ordered me the Netgear CM700 over the SB6190.  i assume they accomplish the same one not sure to be honest why i went with the netgear as i have always used used/bought the arris/motorola line.  hope it works good.

The cm700 is also puma6.. And is more expensive on amazon.. Why would you have picked that one over the arris/moto if your familiar with the arris/moto line?  Makes not sense to me.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/05/01/netgear_puma_6_modems_trivial_to_crash/

I went with the sb6190 because it was the only one approved on the wow list currently.. Once they approve a docsis 3.1 will prob move to that.. But figured would atleast get my rental fee back while wait for that, etc.  And like you I have owned arris/moto in the past so felt better with that brand.. And research I did showed that firmware had been released to fix the issues with the instability in the response time, etc.

Its your choice - but if me I would cancel the order and get the cheaper sb6109.. Its 12$ cheaper from what I see on amazon.