PC Gaming Monitor - Dell S2417DG

Earlier this year I bought a GTX 1070 and it's been great for gaming. However, I'm using a many year old LG 1080p 60Hz monitor. I've been thinking about upgrading to a 1440p 144Hz G-Sync monitor for a while, but prices are still pretty high. I don't need (nor can I fit) a large monitor on my desk, so I'm after a 24" monitor.

I've come across the Dell S2417DG, which is 1440p, 165Hz and has G-Sync...and I can get it at around £350. That price seems almost too good to pass up. It ticks all of my boxes. It has good reviews from what I've Googled and the company selling it also have a lot of good reviews.

I just want to be sure that I'm not missing anything and this is a good monitor for me to get.

It looks nice, but it's only 2K, for the price I would expect 4K, otherwise I see nothing wrong with it.

6 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

It looks nice, but it's only 2K, for the price I would expect 4K, otherwise I see nothing wrong with it.

Not with G-Sync, you aren't getting 4k. I have the 27", it's awesome. I'm never going back to a regular refresh-rate monitor.

• Like 2

Just now, xendrome said:

Not with G-Sync, you aren't getting 4k. I have the 27", it's awesome. I'm never going back to a regular refresh-rate monitor.

I did not realize that G-Sync was a higher price. All I was saying is that you could buy a 4K for that price, but as you pointed out, not with G-Sync

On 24/10/2017 at 11:15 AM, Daedroth said:

Earlier this year I bought a GTX 1070 and it's been great for gaming. However, I'm using a many year old LG 1080p 60Hz monitor. I've been thinking about upgrading to a 1440p 144Hz G-Sync monitor for a while, but prices are still pretty high. I don't need (nor can I fit) a large monitor on my desk, so I'm after a 24" monitor.

I've come across the Dell S2417DG, which is 1440p, 165Hz and has G-Sync...and I can get it at around £350. That price seems almost too good to pass up. It ticks all of my boxes. It has good reviews from what I've Googled and the company selling it also have a lot of good reviews.

I just want to be sure that I'm not missing anything and this is a good monitor for me to get.

they are pretty dammed good tbh.

With having a 10 series, G-sync makes sense mate, esp if you play fps. check buying it direct from Dell though, it doesnt cost much to put a 4yr extended warranty with Dell on it ;) if anything fails on it, its swap out, swap in throughout the whole 4 years.

Cheers for the replies. I've gone ahead and ordered it...now waiting for delivery.

9 hours ago, Mando said:

they are pretty dammed good tbh.

With having a 10 series, G-sync makes sense mate, esp if you play fps. check buying it direct from Dell though, it doesnt cost much to put a 4yr extended warranty with Dell on it ;) if anything fails on it, its swap out, swap in throughout the whole 4 years.

Direct from Dell it is £499.01. I've just picked it up for £380, which includes a 3 year warranty. :)

1 hour ago, Daedroth said:

Cheers for the replies. I've gone ahead and ordered it...now waiting for delivery.

Direct from Dell it is £499.01. I've just picked it up for £380, which includes a 3 year warranty. :)

Thats a decent price buddy, where did you bag that from? 

Im holding off until the HDR Gsyncs come out Q1, i have a 27" 60Hz Samsung atm which is holding back my sig rig with its 1080ti Hybrid. IF i had the money to "waste" id bag the ROG 35" UW but at £1k thats just mental money :p

Thats a decent price buddy, where did you bag that from? 

Im holding off until the HDR Gsyncs come out Q1, i have a 27" 60Hz Samsung atm which is holding back my sig rig with its 1080ti Hybrid. IF i had the money to "waste" id bag the ROG 35" UW but at £1k thats just mental money [emoji14]

Itcsales.co.uk. I've heard of them before and they have good reviews.

I was initially going to hold off, but I've recently moved house and the new desk is lower than my previous one. My current monitor isn't height adjustable and doesn't have VESA mount points. So I used that as an excuse to get a new monitor. :)

1 minute ago, Daedroth said:

I was initially going to hold off, but I've recently moved house and the new desk is lower than my previous one. My current monitor isn't height adjustable and doesn't have VESA mount points. So I used that as an excuse to get a new monitor. :)

Thanks, and lol I like your thinking!

Must try that........when i bought the 1080ti after the sig build, i got it for £150 less than retail (was a trade up deal with EVGA and i bought it off my mate/transferred the warranty) told the missus i got it for £150 less thinking shed be ok (you know, it was a bargain like train of thought!)....first response was, how much was it to get that much off.......her face was priceless, her reply? "you sad old manchild!" LOL funny though she doesnt say that when she uses the desktop for a touch of gaming.

On 10/24/2017 at 5:15 PM, Daedroth said:

This is a good screen, I'm also looking at an ASUS ROG SW PG278Q monitor and Dell U3415W you can consult.

57 minutes ago, gaming monitor said:

This is a good screen, I'm also looking at an ASUS ROG SW PG278Q monitor and Dell U3415W you can consult.

Cheers, though I've already purchased the Dell S2417DG now. Both of those two monitors in your post are out of my price range unfortunately.