ASUS Chromebox m400u?

good morning, hoping someone can advise!  i have an ASUS Chromebox that i run LibreELEC on and I was wondering if there is an alternate wifi card i could use to get the most out of my box.  i called ASUS and they told me the wifi card coudn't be upgraded.  i am wondering even though he said this, could i remove the internal card and maybe use a usb wifi adapter that supports higher speeds?

Thank you

You can always disable your onboard wireless. Think there's an option in BIOS to disable that.

I think the wireless card is soldered on the board.

You can always use a USB one.

so i ordered https://www.amazon.com/1200Mbps-Adapter-Wireless-10-4-10-12-2-6x-4-1x/dp/B075R7K82P/ref=sr_1_12?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1509055637&sr=1-12&keywords=1200mbps+wifi this wifi adapter for my chromebox running LibreELEC.  i put it in and it doesn't detect it, i have the chromebox running standalone LibreELEC. i removed the wifi card completely from the box and now the new one isn't working.  any chance of getting this to work?

Thanks

25 minutes ago, LilSnoop40 said:

sir, i don't know how to do this.  i can ftp into the box do i just dump them in a random folder and they will install on boot?

please advise

I'm not fluent with LibreELEC, sorry. Just something I thought of, that's all.