WordPress footer changes...please help!

Question

Hi. So I've setup a website for a friend on WP. The thing is, I don't know the first thing about coding, so could someone help me out with this?

I wanted to put contact details like a phone number and clickable email address in the Footer. How do I do this? Here is the code from the footer.php file.

<div class="credits section-inner">

<p>&copy; <?php echo date('Y'); ?> <a href="<?php echo esc_url( home_url() ); ?>"><?php bloginfo('name'); ?></a></p>

<div class="clear"></div>

</div> <!-- /credits -->

<?php wp_footer(); ?>

</body>
</html>

4 answers to this question

You can use the Customize interface to add Widgets to the Footer. Add a plain text widget to the footer with the following:

Nord Nordson

(222) 222 2222

email@example.com

You can turn your friend's email address into a clickable link by highlighting the email address and selecting the URL button. It'll automatically turn email@example.com into a clickable email with the following backend code:

<a href="mailto:email@example.com">email@example.com</a>

This theme doesn't support Widgets unfortunately. There's no Widget section under Customise. :(

4 minutes ago, xendrome said:

There should be a wp-footer or similar in the themes>include folder that you will have to modify.

Yes, I've posted the code from the footer file. Don't know coding, so would be grateful if the edit could be made with dummy info. :blush: