Destiny 2 PC

Anyone else here playing Destiny 2 on PC? I just started the other night and I am blown away by how it looks and how much fun it is. I'm still pretty noobish though. I was following the story to the first mission on Earth and finished it but then wasn't sent anywhere so I'm not sure what to do next. I've been running around doing public events and I found a couple of random adventures that were super fun.

You should see missions on the planets linked to the Storyline "The Red War" (from memory) you'll need to mark them and run up to them to start the next mission but there's no need to rush, just do what you're doing and enjoy :D

Just now, Skiver said:

You should see missions on the planets linked to the Storyline "The Red War" (from memory) you'll need to mark them and run up to them to start the next mission but there's no need to rush, just do what you're doing and enjoy :D

Yeah people on the facebook page are complaining incessantly about lack of content, I think those are the kinds of people who play WoW and max level in 6 hours haha. I'm taking my time and enjoying the heck out of it. I  just wasn't clear if there was continuing story or if I was just meant to run around and find random missions.

I do remember seeing something about Red War.

I bit at the last minute and got Dest 2. Never played1. I wasn't going to, but it just seemed good in the moment. So far, pretty satisfied. It seems most accurate to say that it is a combination, among other things, of Borderlands and Halo. Which is awesome.

But yea, following the campaign can be hard to follow. They don't give clear goals for progression.

I found it really fun to take part in the open public events, too.

Just now, patseguin said:

Yeah people on the facebook page are complaining incessantly about lack of content, I think those are the kinds of people who play WoW and max level in 6 hours haha. I'm taking my time and enjoying the heck out of it. I  just wasn't clear if there was continuing story or if I was just meant to run around and find random missions.

I do remember seeing something about Red War.

So to say the terrible thing that most Destiny players say... I've played the game since day one (as in Destiny 1 day one) and played the game pretty much exclusively for its 3-year lifespan and then D2. I think those that say there is a lack of content are both right and wrong to an extent. 

When you think back to how we left D1 we left it with 3 years worth of DLC and updates that made the game a blast, D2 is obviously a fresh start and is missing some of those refinements and obviously doesn't have 3 years worth of content. They've changed some stuff for the better and other things for the worse. I think base game compared to base there is a ton of stuff more to do, where it falls flat is the grind for better loot, they've not quite got that right with the token system IMO.

I'm a console player who hasn't touched PC so I'm not sure about any differences that might exist between the two but I love the game, I'll be playing for many more hours (got about 96 hours so far). 

What I am finding super enjoyable is that it has kind of a Halo type feel mixed with the progression and gear of an MMO. Really, really fun. I haven't done much as far as multiplayer yet aside from the public events I tried. I imagine that part of it would be even more fun.

Anyone here play Warframe at all, that might be able to compare the experiences between the two?  Just curious if this game is a night and day difference, as I didn't care for Warframe that much by comparison, but Destiny 2 does look good.

I do have some issues with the UI.

I think worst is the health bar is absolute suck. The tab/F1 organization and viewing waypoints is a pain.

18 minutes ago, dead.cell said:

Anyone here play Warframe at all, that might be able to compare the experiences between the two?  Just curious if this game is a night and day difference, as I didn't care for Warframe that much by comparison, but Destiny 2 does look good.

I tried Warframe a couple of times and just couldn't get into it at all.

Does Destiny 2 have decent single player aspect to it? I watched some of the YouTube videos, but it all looks like a bunch of MP, which I really do not like.

7 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Does Destiny 2 have decent single player aspect to it? I watched some of the YouTube videos, but it all looks like a bunch of MP, which I really do not like.

I have the same kind of issues. I'm not sure exactly how long the campaign missions go, but so far they have been pretty decent. And as I said earlier, the public events are easy to get into/out of without committing to a team and doing a raid or whatnot. It is pretty natural. I've been able to just do my own thing without needing a group thus far.