Click Counter

Question

I'm in and in search of a click counter script. something that will show under the image preview how many click, i've already tired hotscripts and googling it notthing promiseing there

thankx if u can help

2 answers to this question

you mean when you mouseover a thumbnail on a webpage, it will say how many clicks it has? :huh: you'd probably need to use a php or asp/asp.net page to get the number of clicks and then send the page to the browser.

Ok : page one; has all the links on. You do a link like thus <a href="imagescript.php?imagename=imagenamehere.jpg">click m3!</a>

Page two; connects to a mysql database, finds out how many clicks there are already, and then adds one onto that number. After doing this, it sends out headers pointing the users browser to the image file.

doing this allows you do echo the number of clicks stored in the database on page 1.

Ps - sorry i haven't just given you the code; i feel its more productive if people actually give it a go these days. If you come up with something and it still doesn't work give us a shout.