Wolfenstien II: The New Colossus odd issue

So I broke down and bought Wolfenstien II and played it for about 15 minutes before going to work, I had gotten past the flashback part (childhood) and was in the base in the wheelchair shooting at people, when I got killed. The game then tells me to press E to restart. At that point when I pressed E, nothing happened, and I could not get the game to quit, so I had to force it closed from the task manager. Now today I just launched the game and tried to continue, I get the message to press E to continue, I can hear a change in the audio, but graphic wise all I see is the screen telling me to press E to continue! I really do not want to have to go through all the ~15 minutes of non gameplay just to get back to where I left off. I am wondering if this is a bug, or is something unique to me? I just updated the Nvidia drivers this morning, but the issue was happening on Saturday as well before the new version of the driver was released, so I do not feel that it is a GPU issue. 

I restarted the game just now and went through all of the beginning and got to the u-boat, into the wheelchair and witness the guy shooting and falling in the doorway, and then the screen goes black, I can still hear the sound fx and music, but have to kill the process in taskmangaer to exit. 

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem, something that i found online was to change the difficult setting to the lowest, it worked for me.
this game have few major bugs, hope they will address that soon.

2 hours ago, Benzi said:

I had a similar problem, something that i found online was to change the difficult setting to the lowest, it worked for me.
this game have few major bugs, hope they will address that soon.

I resolved the issue by doing a clean install of the Nvida drivers.